What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TNGabe said:
I haven't had Zhukov, but for me it's hard to compare Hunaphu and Dark Lord since Hunaphu has chili peppers.

I know both Dark Lord and Hunahpu are somewhat related, as in the names are both from the same Mayan fable and 3F and CCB host each others beers at their release events. Just wondering how they held up against each other. I have a few Zhukov's and a BA Hunahpu, but obviously the Dark Lord would be the hardest one for me to get (not that either CCB was at all easy to get). I will be drinking one of my Zhukov's Friday night, it will be my first.

Trivia night!

image-2104162570.jpg

MrNickVT said:
I have not, though my BA Huna is next to drink at some point

Which BA Hunahpu did you get? I have a 2013 Brandy Barrel, I'm going to try to save it until the end of the year. Restraint is a *****.

Had a Founders Double Trouble, then a Bells Two Hearted, and now a Victory Hopdevil. All great--or at least good--ipas, but following one after another leaves my tongue confused. Thankfully makes up for it, alcohol does.

On a six point roll...Sweet Action. Quite the mix of malt and hops. It's like they take turns being forefront. Pretty nice.

image-1266288552.jpg

Bam bier clone with 3726, citra dry hop, lacto, and cantillon Brett. Only 3 750s and a magnum left after this one. :(

image-3986156525.jpg

This. It's okay. Could use more spices. I'm disappointed with most of New Belgium's offerings. I should've saved my money.

ForumRunner_20130807_184533.jpg

Having a specially beer. Celebrating the life of my grandpa. Lost the battle this morning. Im glad me and my bro saw him last night. Love you papa

Loss is never easy. Celebrate the life of the loved one now gone (as you're doing). And know that he'll always be with you.

My rice wine. Just bottled it a few minutes ago. This batch turned out great!

image-3007293377.jpg

Cathedral said:
Had a Founders Double Trouble, then a Bells Two Hearted, and now a Victory Hopdevil. All great--or at least good--ipas, but following one after another leaves my tongue confused. Thankfully makes up for it, alcohol does.

Did you try the Wild Devil when they (Victory) released it a few years ago? It was effing TERRIBLE! I remember I had to dump half the 750. I never dump a beer. Usually I'll just power through it, but not that one. It was...just...**shudder just think about it**

NIZZLE said:
Someday I'll make some of that ;-)

Yeah, I won't forget to send you some balls this time. It's the least I can do for the Coq you sent me. ;)

Did you try the Wild Devil when they (Victory) released it a few years ago? It was effing TERRIBLE! I remember I had to dump half the 750. I never dump a beer. Usually I'll just power through it, but not that one. It was...just...**shudder just think about it**

No I haven't had it, but I believe you. Im not overly impressed with Victorys brews. I mean, they're drinkable, but there is nothing distinguished about them.

The only beer I've ever dumped is Wild Blue. *gag*cough*puke*

Thinking about another brew. Too hard to choose. And I'm already about 4-5 beers deep.

I want more Phantom. mcbaumannerb and I have had the best beers on this forum today. :D

Brewing another tomorrow.

Cathedral said:
No I haven't had it, but I believe you. Im not overly impressed with Victorys brews. I mean, they're drinkable, but there is nothing distinguished about them.

The only beer I've ever dumped is Wild Blue. *gag*cough*puke*

That was a one time release. It was the Hop Devil fermented on 100% Brett. It was terrible. I've never had a victory that was terrible besides that one. But you're right none besides Storm King really impressed me. I like me some Storm King! Would like to try the BA Storm King.

tally another against the Wild Blue. I drank 3 or 4 one night when I was hammered. I kept thinking I was judging it to quickly. I had the worst headache the next morning.

Thinking about another brew. Too hard to choose. And I'm already about 4-5 beers deep.

I want more Phantom. mcbaumannerb and I have had the best beers on this forum today. :D

Obviously you haven't had my homebrew. :D

Had a wee pull from the grav sample on the brown porter I made for my wife. It's ready to cold crash and then some nibs and beans.

Finishing up what should really be my last saison and getting ready to chill my brew. I'll time it 50' 1/2" IC and 25' 3/8" pre-chiller in about 5 lbs of ice.

Billy-Klubb said:
tally another against the Wild Blue. I drank 3 or 4 one night when I was hammered. I kept thinking I was judging it to quickly. I had the worst headache the next morning.

My wife loves that crap. I have an aversion to most fruit beers so, yeah.

Remmy said:

Not to one up you two but you must have missed the 11' DL I popped :) no big deal or anything.

MrNickVT said:
Not to one up you two but you must have missed the 11' DL I popped :) no big deal or anything.

Yeah, I think you definitely won the thread today.

Back