Quick Disconnect directly to Tap or picnic faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bagleym

Reaction score
Just wanted to know if there is any reason, aside from cost, that I should dispense from a picnic tap vs. coming directly off the keg with a faucet. not sure how much difference I would need to make to the CO2 pressure.

If you don't have any length of line coming off your keg, it's a lot more difficult to balance your system. Basically, you'll likely get a lot more foam just using a tap directly off the keg. Most people recommend 5-10ft of 3/16in inner diameter tubing to give enough line resistance so that you don't pour only foam. Save yourself the trouble, by 10ft of line, and cut it down a little as necessary until you find the right amount of line.

If you have a major reason to want a short tap, do a search on "epoxy mixer". They can provide a lot of resistance in a short distance.

I don't worry about getting the "correct" balance. I use 10 feet of 3/16th and just wait a little longer.

Hi,
It looks like we asked the same question within minutes of each other. Here is the link on Epoxy Mixers. Has anyone used these as the OP wanted, that is, with no beverage hose? If so, can you still get a good pour at carbonating pressures?

I just changed from a five foot to ten foot 3/16ths line yesterday as my hefeweizen was just coming out as foam. The difference is night and day. I will be going to ten foot lines on all my kegs now. I wouldn't try doing a faucet right off the keg.

Latest posts

Back