Citra Hops....did I miss them already?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone receive their makingbeerisfun orders? I'm just anxious, I'm sure it's on it's way.
nope. got an order confirmation e-mail, that's it. i've just written back asking when they'll ship my hops. i'll let you know if/when they reply.

according to http://makingbeerisfun.com/free_shipping.htm, "In-stock items generally ship the same day; delivery in 2 to 7 business days depending on zone." they are located in NJ so my order shouldn't take long to get to me once they ship it.

nope. got an order confirmation e-mail, that's it. i've just written back asking when they'll ship my hops. i'll let you know if/when they reply.

according to http://makingbeerisfun.com/free_shipping.htm, "In-stock items generally ship the same day; delivery in 2 to 7 business days depending on zone." they are located in NJ so my order shouldn't take long to get to me once they ship it.

I ordered a pound of Simcoe from them Friday after seeing them mentioned in this thread. Opened up the mail box today and they were there! Shipped from Jersey to Kentucky in one "business day" by USPS. Ill order from them again!.

-James

I ordered a pound of Simcoe from them Friday after seeing them mentioned in this thread. Opened up the mail box today and they were there! Shipped from Jersey to Kentucky in one "business day" by USPS. Ill order from them again!.

-James
great news for you! kinda disappointing news for me, since i ordered on wednesday of last week (5 days ago), i live closer to NJ than you do, but i haven't received my hops yet.

if you only got one pound, i guess it means you paid for shipping... which might be the difference. i got free shipping, which might mean that they send it via sloth-n-snail.

great news for you! kinda disappointing news for me, since i ordered on wednesday of last week (5 days ago), i live closer to NJ than you do, but i haven't received my hops yet.

I ordered on Tuesday morning (2 pounds of Citra) and haven't gotten it yet either (just outside of Philly so not that far for me either.) I'm thinking those may have been Cirtra pre-orders (even though it didn't say) and they are waiting to get them in. I'm still sitting with my fingers crossed that it comes through though.

Hopefully that means we will see ours soon.. However you only ordered Simcoe which might be the contributing factor here..

I ordered 2lbs of Citra and 2lbs of Amarillo.

I have not received my order from makingbeerisfun, but just got confirmation my farmhouse brewing supply order has shipped.

Yup...order was just a pound of simcoe...and I paid shipping. The citra orders sound like pre-orders to me.

Im still waiting on my amarillo from label peelers.

-James

We have a good amount available of Citra and Amarillo pellets and Simcoe whole leaf at ********* . Should have more Citra whole leaf next week.

whitehause said:
In one pound bags? If so how much.

Which one? All the prices are on the website. I don't think we have any Amarillo or simcoe whole leaf in pounders. But we definitely have Amarillo pellets in pounders.

Got my shipment notification from makingbeerisfun last night also..
I am curious though because I had ordered a total of 4lbs of hops, and the shipment notification said the package was 1lb.

I am curious though because I had ordered a total of 4lbs of hops, and the shipment notification said the package was 1lb.

Mine said the same. I think most vendors don't enter the correct weight when they enter it into the UPS system - they just let UPS weigh it and make the correction after the fact.

I ordered last Wednesday and haven't received confirmation yet. I really hope I get them before the weekend, I have a citrus hop burst planned for Friday, I may have to change out to a cream ale if they don't arrive. I live in NJ so USPS is 1 day here usually.

I ordered a lb each of citra and Amarillo :(

But we definitely have Amarillo pellets in pounders.
in which case they're definitely not listed on your site. i just did a search for amarillo and only ounces were shown. your prices are relatively high, unfortunately.

btw forum rules state that you can't advertize without paying for a vendor membership.

Mine said the same. I think most vendors don't enter the correct weight when they enter it into the UPS system - they just let UPS weigh it and make the correction after the fact.

Yep same here, says 1 lb.

In my store we try to get the weight close, but UPS will check and correct it. Some places don't bother at all.
Mine are due to be here today, If they make it I'll post if I got my whole order( Citra and Amarillo)

I got an email yesterday morning about my makingbeerisfun order. They ran out of amarillo and offered to substitute other hops for it and give me a 10% discount. I opted for a refund of the amarillo price and just cross my fingers that my citra arrives. I do need more cascade but i didnt think their price was all that great TBH.

I probably won't buy from them again, mostly because they didn't ship my order or send me an email saying when it would ship, etc. No way to grab order status, and when I emailed them the email bounced. I'll stick with my LHBS and the bigger websites.

Are Amarillo or Citra expected to show up at some of the big mail order companies? I'm still trying to get my hands on a pound of each.

I just bought 8 oz of 2012 Citra pellets from Farmhouse...you can buy up to a pound (four 4 oz bags)...I think this just went live today b/c I was looking last night and they didn't have the option to order that is there now...

They also have 2012 Centennial and Simcoe, but oddly, the Cascade and Chinook are listed as 2011 crop...

biochemedic said:
I just bought 8 oz of 2012 Citra pellets from Farmhouse...you can buy up to a pound (four 4 oz bags)...I think this just went live today b/c I was looking last night and they didn't have the option to order that is there now...

They also have 2012 Centennial and Simcoe, but oddly, the Cascade and Chinook are listed as 2011 crop...

Citra and Amarillo are out of stock in 4pz packs now as well on farmhouse.. :(

Label peelers have 1 oz bags of citra for $1.88. Plus there's a sale this weekend only, 21% off. Use code FRIMON

Don't know if there's a limit but I order 16 ozs without a problem.

makingbeerisfun made good with my order because they ran out of amarillo. They price matched another site's $11.99/lb cascade and shipped it with my 1lb of citra. Now i still need to find amarillo!!!

Citra will come and go throughout the year.. Hop Union hasn't even released their stuff yet.

My LHBS still has a couple of pounds of whole leaf Citra from last year in the freezer.. And it's a pretty busy small time store.

Citra will come and go throughout the year.. Hop Union hasn't even released their stuff yet.

My LHBS still has a couple of pounds of whole leaf Citra from last year in the freezer.. And it's a pretty busy small time store.

I already got a couple pounds of Hop Union Citra from two different suppliers. I'm still waiting on a pound from Labelpeelers who keeps saying they're a mile from the Hop Union facility and pick up 5 days a week, but still nothing.

I already got a couple pounds of Hop Union Citra from two different suppliers. I'm still waiting on a pound from Labelpeelers who keeps saying they're a mile from the Hop Union facility and pick up 5 days a week, but still nothing.

HopUnion said they hoped to have it all processed by the end of December as far as I last heard.

They have a fair bulk of it, so my point was.. there's still some out there, while high in demand, it's not near as short in supply.

Amarillo however, is in short supply, no matter the demand. They suffered flood damage apparently. It's one of my favorite hops. I'll take it over Citra any day!

[...]Amarillo however, is in short supply, no matter the demand. They suffered flood damage apparently. It's one of my favorite hops. I'll take it over Citra any day!

Why "over"? I use both - sometimes in the same batch. Vive la différence! :mug:

If this whole Amarillo thing keeps amping up I think sometime around May I might eBay off some of my Amarillo stash to fatten up my retirement accounts :ban:

Cheers! ;)

Why "over"? I use both - sometimes in the same batch. Vive la différence! :mug:

If this whole Amarillo thing keeps amping up I think sometime around May I might eBay off some of my Amarillo stash to fatten up my retirement accounts :ban:

Cheers! ;)

I agree. I love both, and am fortunate enough to have both on hand, and at my LHBS with no limitations just about.

But if I HAD to choose one hop to have for the year.. Amarillo is probably the more rounded out one for me to choose!

Latest posts

Back