1st Annual ATL HBT Brewday!! SAturday 09/06

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to get some pale chocolate. Do you still want to split a bag of 2 row?

I would love to get some pale chocolate. Do you still want to split a bag of 2 row?

If you want to. If you already have grain you want to use, I will probably buy a bag myself and use the rest later.

P.S. I put out an invitation to the ex owner of the Marietta brewstore and his son. I will update you with further info on them. ALso I will be there for sure if you want to update my status also with a maybe +1 for brother (gets him out of building a deck as well as me :mug:)

A little over a week away. I have all the grains and hops....I am ready to brew.

We should probably start taking a headcount on those who are definite.

Oh, and the weather is looking good....
(is there any reliability in a forecast 10 days out?)

Picture1.png

A little over a week away. I have all the grains and hops....I am ready to brew.

Oh, and the weather is looking good....
(is there any reliability in a forecast 10 days out?)

Picture1.png

I dont even see here a reliable next day forcast... I swear I have seen them wrong 1 too many times!

O I wont be brewing but I will be there.

I got a total of 9 including my SWMBO. As long as everyone that said they were coming are definitely coming that should be an accurate number.

We're close to a full order from North Country Malt for a bulk buy, I posted what people want at http://packetpimp.org/grainbuy.html so take a look. If anyone else wants in just PM me or check out the group threads in my sig. We can add other grains if people want them, check out countrymaltgroup.com and look for the pdf of all their prices and grains.

Bah, I posted the pdf on my site to make it easier to find, http://packetpimp.org/NC_SalesBook-1.pdf

Pick up would be at my house since I'm getting more than I can haul, I'll probably want to get name, address, paypal, phone, etc or you can prepay with check once the date gets closer. I'll just put it on my credit card, if you guys don't come get it and don't pay I'll just have to brew more. :D

I know it's early to be concerned about the weather but, right now Saturday is showing 60% chance of rain and Sunday is less than 20%. Would everyone be up for Sunday if needed???

I know it's early to be concerned about the weather but, right now Saturday is showing 60% chance of rain and Sunday is less than 20%. Would everyone be up for Sunday if needed???

Well, there is now a 20% chance on Saturday and 30% on Sunday.

I can't make it Sunday.
It is not going to rain on Saturday because I said so.

Well, there is now a 20% chance on Saturday and 30% on Sunday.

I can't make it Sunday.
It is not going to rain on Saturday because I said so.

Although Gustav's leftovers and Hanna might have other plans.

Quoting yourself is kind of like talking to yourself.

Although Gustav's leftovers and Hanna might have other plans.

Quoting yourself is kind of like talking to yourself.

I hope it doesn't rain... I can't make Sunday either!!!.... we'll just have to suck it up and brew in the rain. At least Brewiz has a shed that he can brew in if it rains.

well... id brew but due to plans I cant. SWMBO will be there and more than likely not my bro as my dad decided to rebuild the deck and volunteered my bro bc he didnt have any set plans... haha.

I brew in my garage to not have to worry about weather and bc well.... I can. :p

You could always use all the propane tanks inside... :rockin: :cross:

So DeadDoc +1 is still accurate?

I am selling my car and might have to finalize on Saturday... I'm trying to push for some day throughout the week but will keep you guys updated as I find stuff out.

So DeadDoc +1 is still accurate?

I am selling my car and might have to finalize on Saturday... I'm trying to push for some day throughout the week but will keep you guys updated as I find stuff out.

Still +1 unless otherwise noted and it would only get bigger but probably just a +1.

I will be in Stockbridge the night before so that will make the drive muuuchhh easier.

Everyone has gotten PMed an address. If you have NOT gotten the address of the brew day meetup please PM me and I will send it to you.

Neal

I will not be brewing, so if anyone would like to use my setup it will be ready. Just pm me and I will bring it out of the shed. I will have coffee ready for the morning and plenty of beer for later, also I will be firing up the grill about noon for burgers and what not. You may want to bring lawn chairs I have a few.See you guys Sat.......

I will not be brewing, so if anyone would like to use my setup it will be ready. Just pm me and I will bring it out of the shed. I will have coffee ready for the morning and plenty of beer for later, also I will be firing up the grill about noon for burgers and what not. You may want to bring lawn chairs I have a few.See you guys Sat.......

I have a 3+ year old malt w/ specialty grain kit which I could brew and leave with ya? :p

I will have some beer with me and my nifty camera :rockin:. Want me to bring anything?

Guys, I regret to let you all know that I'm not going to be able to make it. A lot of things have came up and I don't think I'll be able to make it... if I can make it then I won't be brewing.

Guys, I regret to let you all know that I'm not going to be able to make it. A lot of things have came up and I don't think I'll be able to make it... if I can make it then I won't be brewing.

That SUX, hope you can at least come down for a beer or two....

that sucks... Good luck with that n hoppe to see you out there.

That stinks. Hope you can stop by for a few beers.

So, what is the final count on those who are brewing?
I am planning on it, but I have been sick all week. If I feel as bad Saturday as I did today, I won't be doing much of anything. But, I should be better by then.

I wont be since I'm not sure what is going to be happening with the divorce, I don't want to have something that I am going to have to keep cool for an extended time. Plus since I am hosting I would rather mingle and shoot the s**t with all you guys....Plus my chest freezer is down getting a new coat of paint on the inside.

If any one wants to add some fresh hops in the mix my Cascade are more than ready to pick.......

I don't think that would go well with an Irish Stout.... which is 3+ years old and no yeast either... haha. I could use a sweet mead/wine or maybe a trappist if I still have one.

Everyone ready for tomorrow?

For all of those that will need to unload equipment, if you back up the driveway to the garage door there is a wide sidewalk on the right side that goes around back and you should be able to get everything thru there. I will have a pull cart to help move stuff around. If you have any questions just give me a call.

Everyone ready for tomorrow?

For all of those that will need to unload equipment, if you back up the driveway to the garage door there is a wide sidewalk on the right side that goes around back and you should be able to get everything thru there. I will have a pull cart to help move stuff around. If you have any questions just give me a call.

I am ready. What time is this party going to start?

I am still debating on whether I am going to haul all my brewing stuff and brew. I want to but I am still fighting the remnants of this cold and am too tired to get all the stuff together tonight. I am also kind of lazy. I also got SWMBO sick, so I have to make sure she is not dead before I leave in the morning.

I will be in the chat tonight if anyone wants to talk...

Being sick is no fun ****** I hate my phone it deleted everything.But I'll be there around 11 or maybe later depends when we wake up.

P.S. I never knew this site had a chat room but I don't think my phone can acess it.

Well today was the day and even though we didn't have as many show up as expected it was still a good day. Meyer817, his buddy and Beerrific were the brewers and DeadDoc his girlfriend, Hops4Life and myself just watched and drank..All in all it was a great day spent with good people doing something we all love. Hope we can do it again when it cools down (it was quite warm) and hopefully have a better turnout.

Thanks to all who attended and I hope you all made it home safe.

Here is the email for the Stone release:

Atlanta Beer Freaks-

Well, here it is. I hope that you are not disappointed by the draft line-up for the Stone Brewing release party at Taco Mac in midtown. The store is at 933 Peachtree St, and is 2 blocks from the Midtown Marta station. We will kick things off at 5 pm, Monday, September 22nd . I hope to see all of you there.

STONE PALE ALE
STONE IPA
STONE SMOKED PORTER
STONE RUINATION IPA
STONE LEVITATION ALE
ARROGANT BASTARD ALE
OAKED ARROGANT BASTARD ALE
STONE 12TH ANNIVERSARY BITTER CHOCOLATE OATMEAL STOUT
2006 DOUBLE BASTARD ALE
2007 OLD GUARDIAN BARLEYWINE
2007 IMPERIAL RUSSIAN STOUT
STONE 080808 VERTICAL EPIC ALE
Obviously we are very pleased and excited to have this opportunity. Scott Sheridan from Stone will be on hand to answer questions, drink beer, and generally have a good time. I will also be there if anybody wants to talk to me for any reason. If you need any assistance in finding this location, you can get all of the contact info at www.tacomac.com. Thanks.

Back