TRUE or Beverage Air keggerator question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimsawyer

Reaction score
I hate to ask questions that pertain to work but here goes. What diameter of tubing at what length and at what PSI would be best for dispensing Coors Light (CRINGE!!!)? There is one Keggerator that foams up beer really good and seems to really foam up coors light. I have threatened to tear it apart and fix it with money out of my pocket and I have been green lighted! I have compaired the tubing to all the other keggerators and it is the same length and has the same writing on it. The keg tap is a perlick sanke tap and the faucet is just a regular joe(not a sweet ventmatic or perlick)run of the mill you see it everywhere faucet. Just need to know what the right tubing is, how long to cut it from the sanke tap to the tower shenk and what the PSI needs to be set at for the 15.5 gallon keg. When I get it all done we are going to label it the coors dispenser and life will be SO MUCH easier for all of us that have to use her. (she already has a nickname... Bloody W****)

make sure you are cooling the tower with air from the fridge if you have a tower. In my kegaroator I have 20 ft of 1/4 inch beer line and despense at about 10-11 psi. I don't have coors so I can't speak for that, but I get good poors with my beer.

Ok, according to that site first I'm going to make sure to straighten the line out and not get it all tangled up and twisted around. Next I'm going to re-check if the hose that runs from the fan to the tower is still there and running to the top. If it isn't maybe that's another reason. 3rd I'm going to yank it all apart and clean the hell out of it. Not sure if it's been cleaned recently/EVER... I'll also after all of that is done try turning the psi from 15(where the beer guys set it for serving) way down to 5 or so. Keep yer fingers crossed for me!!!

I'd probably just replace the beer line. Don't waste your time trying to clean it. And the line and keg have to be cold, or all that CO2 comes out of solution and you get foamy beer.

...I'll also after all of that is done try turning the psi from 15(where the beer guys set it for serving) way down to 5 or so. Keep yer fingers crossed for me!!!

15 is way to high unless your going through a cold plate or coil like in a jockey box, plus the longer the keg sits at that pressure the more CO2 will be absorbed in solution and the beer becomes over carbed, it's OK for a few hours while serving a party or something but way to high to store at even overnight.

15 is way to high unless your going through a cold plate or coil like in a jockey box, plus the longer the keg sits at that pressure the more CO2 will be absorbed in solution and the beer becomes over carbed, it's OK for a few hours while serving a party or something but way to high to store at even overnight.

it'll sit in the keggerator for about 6 hours tops. I work in Banquets so it's for a party, event, etc...

I would keep the pressure around 10 psi. You should keep the pressure at the level of carbonation that should be in the beer. If you don't it won't keep the proper amount of carbination.

I would keep the pressure around 10 psi. You should keep the pressure at the level of carbonation that should be in the beer. If you don't it won't keep the proper amount of carbination.

+1 what he said, if it is not going through a cold plate your serving pressure = storage pressure and hose length regulates pressure at the tap. There is a line length calculator on the net somewhere search for "kegerator balancing" or something like that.

Back