Hop Exchange

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerrific

Reaction score
I got 1lb (well, a Hops Direct pound ;) ) of Bravo hops today from my (soon to be) mother-in-law. (this was on my list) That is a lot of hops and I am not sure how long it take me to use them all. So, I a proposing a hop trade, ounce for ounce (or AA for AA if you want). I think that we can easily ship a couple ounces in a USPS Flat Rate box for a reasonable prices and a quick transit time.

Bravo Hops (13.5% AA) are a relatively new high alpha hop whose mother is Zeus and father is #98004 whose mother is nugget. I have tried this hop in only one commercial example: Rogue's Glen Ale ’007. It is a very good beer. I am sure the keg I had a taste of was old and some of the flavor had been lost. Notes on the taste and aroma are hard to find. Would be an excellent hop for clean bittering additions and late kettle additions. I plan on making a small, one cone hop tea when I divide the package so I can post more notes then

I am planning on making an IPA with only this hop in January with hop additions at 20-0 minutes only. It is going to be a balance to pack in the flavor without over bittering.

http://www.brookstonbeerbulletin.com/bravo-for-the-new-hop/

Anyway, anyone want to trade? I would like some other American style varieties (3Cs, Simcoe, Amarillo), Northern Brewer, or Fuggles. We can discuss it here or send me a PM if interested.

bravo-hopleaf.jpg

Back