Tips for keeping smell down?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C3Candy

Reaction score
Anyone have any tips for keeping the smell of cider fermenting down?

Thx

BierMuncher said:
Light candles...
Blame the dog....
Eat some chili and mask the smell...
Wait 48 hours...it'll clear. :D

Hehe:D Already been done.

The arm n hammer odor absorber sounds like it might work.

Yeast Nutrient, Yeast Nutrient, Yeast Nutrient, Yeast Nutrient, and that stuff that feeds yeast... what's it called? Yeast Nutrient.

The difference is night and day when making cider or Ed's Apfelwein. I know I much prefer the smell of apples to the smell of rancid rhino farts.

Hey Cheesefood - What are you talking about? :confused: I don't get it...

Y'know, I was going to jokingly say "Do it like you do anything else where you want to hide the smell... in your dorm. Put it in the closet and put a towel under the door."

Then, apparently, it wasn't a joke.

I think I remember making a similar response to a similar post not that long ago.

I believe we can safely assume now that anyone who wants to hide the smell is doing it in their dorm, or their super-cool basement room in their mom's house... and they are not nearly 21.

Heh.
There you go, making me all nostalgic over my sophomore year.

Cap'n Jewbeard said:
Y'know, I was going to jokingly say "Do it like you do anything else where you want to hide the smell... in your dorm. Put it in the closet and put a towel under the door."

Then, apparently, it wasn't a joke.

I think I remember making a similar response to a similar post not that long ago.

I believe we can safely assume now that anyone who wants to hide the smell is doing it in their dorm, or their super-cool basement room in their mom's house... and they are not nearly 21.

Latest posts

Back