Teri Fahrendorf's article on Closed System Pressurized Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WortMonger

"Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have been looking and looking and can't find an actual write up or much more than a few bland HBD discussions on Teri Fahrendorf's 1992 special Zymurgy article about closed system pressurized fermentation. I read other peoples articles including some on the initial credited creator Morton Coutts. If someone reads Zymurgy and has that issue, could they break it down for me. I assume she is reiterating what Coutts has done, but since I don't know for sure I will always wonder. I have been using this/similar technique a couple of beers now and love it, but would like to know if there is some more to this technique I might be missing. Many thanks if you can help me out. My last resort is spending $20+ on an old copy somewhere to read what I probably already know :(.

None have the sot-after Zymurgy issue,:( oh well I knew it was a long shot just figured this forum was large enough someone might have it or have read it. I will be doing my own write-up soon on my closed system pressurized fermentation.

Thanks for the link Rhoobarb, I just had the "brilliant" idea to actually check my local library. They may can get it if I have difficulty with reading about/talking to Mrs. Fahrendorf.

Yep, I guess I never got back to this thread to say I got it. Lol, probably because I was so busy writing the huge thread that was started by reading her article... along with others. Might click the link in my signature or click the here in my last post if you want to read it. It's mammoth now, so be forewarned.

Back