Keezer Temp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschoemaker

Reaction score
Ok gang, what temp are you setting the controller of your keezer to? Mine is currently set at 40 degrees F. What about yours?

Related question does everyone leave gas on or turn it off when done for night?

Dave

40 is a good number. The gas can stay on, in fact if you're carbonating a keg you need it to stay on! If there's a leak, fix it. There's no need to shut the gas off each night if you don't have any leaks, you'll just be creating more work for yourself. And chances are, you started kegging because you wanted less work for yourself :D

Related question does everyone leave gas on or turn it off when done for night?

I leave mine on all of the time. At some point, you're going to have to trust your system.

Spraying StarSan around every potential leak point is a good way to check. I was kegging an ESB yesterday and found a tiny leak at the pressure relief valve that way.

I have my keezer set at 38° with a 2° differential and my gas set to 12#. I leave my gas on all the time.

Like BigFloyd said, check for leaks by spraying StarSan around all connections and look for bubbles. Once you feel comfortable that there are no leaks leave the gas on. I'll recheck quickly whenever I hook up a new keg.

Back