Benefits of being a beer geek

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
So this retard at work tells me about this sampler pack of 24 blocal brews(6 of each type) that he got, and managed to choke down the nut brown, the farmers ale...(WTF??)....the saison, and e COULD NOT get down the first PA.

.....BBC Bluegras brewing.

My Biggest complaint, is that there is SO much crystal, it is hardly pale.

SO....

5 free beers. 3 of 5 being sipped right now. A fairly aggressive PA, not unlike SNPA, a little hoppy for a PA IMHO, but certainly not gross.;)

HA HA!!!

The dude is looking into homebrewing!!!!!!

I will be watching him kick himself in a year or so.

He went so far as to bring them to work, leave his car unlocked, and ask me to go out and transfer them to my car.....HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHaaaa

He said that they were too bitter to be drank.

I will take 5 for the team.;)

HAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

I like balance in my PA's, but leaning towards the hoppy side. Every once in a while, i'll still drink a DFH 120 for a quick beer buzz. Awesome score.

....and be sure to let him know you'll be happy to dispose of any of those awful bitter beers in the future, too.

Two and a half years ago I couldn't for the life of me finish a Bad Penny by Big Boss. I seriously thought it was the grossest beer I had ever tried in my life. Just give him time to develop his palette, he'll eventually see the light.

I didn't like IPA's when I started brewing, now it's pretty much all i'll drink, It seems like a natural progression to get more hoppy as you go. If not, everyone should drink what they like palettes differ.

One of my good friends was laid over in Salt Lake city airport and hit up the bar for a beer.

Now let me preface this with the fact that he's pretty much a European lager type drinker. The only ale I've seen him drink and enjoy is Spotted Cow. I've brought various APAs/IPAs over when I visit and he always tells me they're too bitter and give him heartburn. Fair enough. His tastes are his own and I have no problem with that.

Well, he texts me while he's sitting at the bar and ask him what he's drinking. He says he just ordered X (I put X because I can't for the life of me remember what the name of the beer was, something with Hop in it) I quickly Googled the name and low and behold it's a DIPA. The man who can't stomach the APAs/IPAs I've brought over has ordered himself DIPA. Needless to say he hated it and didn't finish it. I asked him what possessed him to order it and he said that since it had hops in the name he thought it would be good. He's convinced he likes hops even though he seems to hate all the flavors that hops imparts on a beer. I just shook my head.....

Back