Scored a little Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpt_Kirks

Reaction score
Picked up a little kegerator off CL this morning. It is almost new (no dust in the coils even), and came with a full 5lb CO2 bottle and regulator.

Holds two 5 gallon kegs, easy. A little work and it will hold 3 or 4.

3k13m53pa5Q25U25R1b63b8c4516208321afb.jpg
3n93kb3l75O05Q35R0b63fe681c263f031b88.jpg

3n83pb3l45V55W35U3b6306034b85eef617e3.jpg

Cost: $150

:p

This is a good quality score. Usually something that cheap would have no co2 with it, it'll have stickers all over it, and complete crud on the inside.

I hope it works well as a plug and go.

I cleaned it up and plugged it in. In the 100*F garage, it is getting cold already.

:rockin:

Congrats! I just stopped by my lhbs and they had a Sanyo two tap tower kegerator that one of the owners just built. Brand new and he wanted $325 for it so I bought it. This is my first kegerator and I thought that was a pretty good price for a brand new multi-tap kegerator. It holds two corny kegs and he put a little bungie cord in the back so the CO2 tank fits snuggly. Someone please make me feel good and tell me I got a pretty good deal. Yes, I still have to buy two kegs and a CO2 tank but I hope to get those on Craigslist for cheap. Congrats again OP that's a real nice deal!

I'm thinken the owner guy will sell all he can make at that price!

there is one just like that on craigslist in my town for 450 with the CO2. So I'd say you got a good deal

I keep wanting to jump on one of these deals where the CO2 tank is included... I don't think anyone understands how pricey CO2 tanks can be.

pauljmccain said:
I keep wanting to jump on one of these deals where the CO2 tank is included... I don't think anyone understands how pricey CO2 tanks can be.

Oh boy, how much are they? I only bought the kegerator today because I thought I could find the other stuff online for cheap. He quoted me for $540 for everything (2 corny kegs, co2 tank filled, regulator, and kegerator). Not sure if I can find better deals somewhere else. Sorry to threadcrap original poster. I didn't want to make a new thread.

Well a 5# tank is at least $40 new. I've seen some deals in my area for a full kegerator setup with tank for $100. Good call not buying the rest of the stuff though, each corney would be around $40 as well, reg is $30, so it's only really worth $150 more than what you paid.

I think you will be really lucky to score one for $40, I called all around where I live and 65 filled is the best I could find.

I just got 2 reconditioned kegs, regulator, 10 lb tank, and hose with ball lock disconnects for $200 at corneykegs.com. I was happy with my purchase

I just bought 4 ball lock kegs, 5 lb co2 tank, old single gauge taprite regulator, 3 gas in disconnects, 1 liquid disconnect, 3 chrome faucets with commercial brand tap handles, sanke tap, European style tap, 2 other unknown (to me) commercial taps, plus bonus 5 gal glass carboy, 1 gal glass starter jug and a copper wort chiller for $215 from craigslist.

I need to get more 3 liquid disconnects, 1 gas disconnect, some gas hose and all the beer lines, as well as a manifold as it just has a 2-way splitter for now. Another $100 will hopefully have me setup.

Were it not for that deal I would have gotten the basic 3-keg pin lock kit from keg connection for $250. Honestly I'll probably sell the commercial taps and the faucets since I'm not converting my freezer for a while and will use picnic taps.

Well, I pulled out the sanke hardware, added a T to the gas line, and now have two kegs with picnic taps inside. Still have to redo the tower to take two faucets.

As a plus, I have a sanke tap to play with now. I'm going to add lines with MFL connectors to make it work with my portable CO2 rig.

:ban:

Back