Another Keezer build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred

Reaction score
So, we are retiring the chest freezer and I managed to be aloud to convert it to a keezer. Anyway, I have a kit ordered from keg cowboy, 4 keg setup with perlicks and a 10 lb tank. I have done a lot of research I plan on making mine with a coffin and a structure around it resembling the family room it is going into. For the top I would like to do a boarder with pine, and inlay with tile/ linoleum. I have looked through the builds but haven't found any real good idea of how you guys put the top together. If some of you that have a made a keezer with coffin could post up how you secure the whole top together, that would be much apprectiated. BTW it will not be against a wall so space when opening is not an issue.

TIA:mug:

Hi Bigred. I just started a keezer thread today as well. I have followed the work of several people who have done a great job charting their progress step by step. I have followed the threads of those that have built coffin style keezers. Guys like Jester (of course), Brew Pastor (of course), Jake the Hop Dog, Lilrascal, and Kegtoe have done really great work. In Keith's thread (Jake the Hop Dog) for his keezer build, has a great diagram of how he attached his top to the top of the freezer. All of these guys went step by step through the process and the information is invaluable. Check it out if you haven't already. :mug:

So, we are retiring the chest freezer and I managed to be aloud to convert it to a keezer. Anyway, I have a kit ordered from keg cowboy, 4 keg setup with perlicks and a 10 lb tank. I have done a lot of research I plan on making mine with a coffin and a structure around it resembling the family room it is going into. For the top I would like to do a boarder with pine, and inlay with tile/ linoleum. I have looked through the builds but haven't found any real good idea of how you guys put the top together. If some of you that have a made a keezer with coffin could post up how you secure the whole top together, that would be much apprectiated. BTW it will not be against a wall so space when opening is not an issue.

TIA:mug:

Back