• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New Hampshire brewing class

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jumbo82

Reaction score
I found this on craiglist - School of Beer Microbrewery Class. I plan to take the course and thought other people near Concord, NH might be interested.

September 15-19 (Tuesday-Saturday) 8 am-12 Tuesday through Friday and 8-5 pm Sat.
September 20, Sunday 8 am to 5 pm

Thinking of starting your own microbrewery? You’re not alone! Craft brewing is a fast-growing phenomenon nationwide. Get the information you need, save time AND money!
We are offering two classes, a one week class and a single day class. The week long class will include federal, local, and state regulations and forms, brewing equipment including brewing software, financing, recipe formulation, sourcing materials, bottling, self-distribution and finding a distributor---plus a full brewing day (Saturday) where you‘ll assist in brewing a batch of beer on commercial equipment.

The single day class is a full brewing day, and you’ll receive the syllabus to the week long class as well.
Cost is $600 for the full week class or $300 for the all day Sunday session
Class size is limited. To register or for more information contact Manchester Brewing by email. We accept all major credit cards via Paypal

Interesting... No offense to Kevin at Manchester Brewing, but I don't think this would be worth the money. His beers are alright, but he hasn't been around long. Also, to drop that kind of money to be taught how to open a micro brewery that hasn't been around more than two years doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Sean From NH

Judging by the turnout at the "going pro" session at the NHC, there's certainly no shortage of people with the dream (more often delusion I think). I think it sounds like a decent niche for a class but the price is a little saucy.

Well, I'm in the process of getting my nanobrewery approved. I got zoning approval and am filling out the forms for the TTB to get my Brewer's Notice. The fact that he has gone through this process fairly recently is a plus as far as I'm concerned. I don't doubt I can learn all of these things on my own, but it will save me some hassle when it comes to sourcing materials, labeling, self-distribution, etc. I agree that $600 does seem a bit steep, but this comes out to $25 per hour. This is considerably less than what my college classes worked out to be. This probably isn't worth the money for the average homebrewer with a dream, but given where I am in the process I think it could be beneficial. It all depends on how well the course is taught. We'll see.

Back