So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonight is the Mild that I was going to brew last weekend. Sunday is bottling my ESB and maybe brewing an ESB.

If I do, it will be a black weisenbock. But it might have to wait 3 weeks.

mmm i just did a nice weizenbock and it is oh so delicious, good luck!

I'm going to try to do a Citra IPA, trying to go through some of the hops i have and doing single hop IPA's to get a good taste idea

Today's brew is a modified version of the Bee Cave Brewery House Ale with 4oz of Cascade leaf goodness.

Plan for Sunday is to do some yeast harvesting while brewing a Sour Ale using aciduated malt and a standard ale yeast.

And then, if the starter is ready, an Oatmeal Stout on Monday.

mmm i just did a nice weizenbock and it is oh so delicious, good luck!

I'm going to try to do a Citra IPA, trying to go through some of the hops i have and doing single hop IPA's to get a good taste idea

Thanks.

I've thought about it some more and I really should spend the next two weeks repairing the winter damage to my house this year. I should put up the facia that got blown off the house this weekend and reshingle the garage next weekend.

Besides I probably need to drink three cases of beer before I have enough bottles for it.

Not this weekend, but I'm finally brewing again next weekend (10g of IPA) after saving up to get some new brewing toys.

My own interpretation of the Vienna Lager...my second foray into the lager world. My Pils just got kegged last night, and tastes delicious even before lagering. I'll be using the yeast cake of the WLP830 German Lager to ferment the Vienna. Here's the recipe I'll be using:

11 Gallon Batch
OG: 1.049
FG: 1.011
IBU: 18.7
Color: 10.8
ABV: 4.9%

Malt
17.00 lb Vienna Malt (3.5 SRM) - 83.95 %
2.00 lb Caramunich Malt (56.0 SRM) - 9.88 %
1.25 lb Melanoiden Malt (20.0 SRM) - 6.17 %

Hops
1.00 oz Pearle [8.00 %] (60 min) - 12.0 IBU
2.00 oz Tettnang [4.50 %] (15 min) - 6.7 IBU

Other
2.00 items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs German Lager - Yeast Cake (White Labs #WLP830) Yeast-Lager

Mash
Mash @ 152 for 60 minutes

Fermentation
18 days @ 50F
3 days @ 70F (Diacetyl Rest)
Keg and Lager for 21 days @ 35F

I couldn't wait for the weekend and brewed an IPA yesterday and a dubbel this morning. I think I might mix up another batch of apfelwein later to round out the week :D

The weather was just too nice to pass up the past few days!

Today I've gotta take advantage of the slightly above freezing temps to shovel out the back deck, then get a starter going. If all goes well I'll be brewing Janet's Brown Ale.

I'll be brewing an amber on Sunday. This will be my first brew with my new pump, I'm looking forward to not lifting kegs of boiling wort anymore!

Just finished brewing my Fuggly Bitter. Beautiful day. I love this hobby.

might try my 3 single gallon SMASHes this weekend. Got ten pounds of pale malt and five different types of hops just begging to be made into beer. Maybe I'll finally makethat magic happen.

I am Brewing up Dos Equis Clone - 5g and a Rye IPA 10g. Should be a great Saturday :)

I haven't brewed in a month and a half and I am making up for lost time.

Brewing simcoe/cascade/Amarillo IPA Sunday. (If I get the FED taxes/fasfa done Saturday says SWMBO). Guess what. . . Taxes will be done; I'm brewing!

I am brewing up Yooper's Dead Guy Clone, as well as kegging my Hoppopotamus DIPA. I am excited to see what the Pacman Yeast can do, i have heard a lot of good things about it.

Chromados

Recipe: ELBC - Cream Ale
Style: Cream Ale
TYPE: All Grain

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 5.00 gal
Boil Size: 6.00 gal
Estimated OG: 1.049 SG
Estimated Color: 5.2 SRM
Estimated IBU: 19.0 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 70.00 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
6 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) UK (3.0 SRM) Grain 60.73 %
2 lbs Corn, Flaked (1.2 SRM) Grain 20.24 %
1 lbs Cara-Pils/Dextrine (10.0 SRM) Grain 10.12 %
14.1 oz Rice, Minute Rice (0.5 SRM) Grain 8.91 %
0.50 oz Cascade [7.30 %] (60 min) Hops 13.4 IBU
0.50 oz Cascade [7.30 %] (5 min) Hops 2.7 IBU
0.50 oz Northern Brewer [8.10 %] (5 min) Hops 3.0 IBU
0.50 oz Northern Brewer [8.10 %] (0 min) Hops -
0.28 tsp Irish Moss (Boil 10.0 min) Misc
0.55 tsp Gelatin (Secondary 5.0 hours) Misc
1 Pkgs California Ale (White Labs #WLP001) (Starter - 1L)

Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Medium Body, Batch Sparge
Total Grain Weight: 9.88 lb
----------------------------
Single Infusion, Medium Body, Batch Sparge
Step Time Name Description Step Temp
75 min Mash In Add 12.35 qt of water at 167.0 F 154.0 F

Notes:
------
Using brown minute rice, 14 oz box as that's what I have. Also -- have Cascade and Norhtern Brewer's Hops for use. Originally planned on all cascade. Using Northern Brewer for aroma. Keeping IBUs low.

Mashed at 146-147F according to Taylor. 159-160F according to True Brew floater.

Sparge water was initially 173F with Taylor thermometer

Sparged with measuring cup until last gallon -- hybrid fly sparge? Sparge was continuous

Preboil Gravity: 1.050 @ 60F

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bottling my ESB today and in a change of plans will be brewing Mike McDole's Janet's Brown Ale from Brewing Classic styles tomorrow.

Eric

Brewing tonight...Ain't Nutt'n Free ESB
9.83 lbs. Organic 2-Row Brewers Malt
1.79 lbs. Organic 2-Row Caramel Malt 15L
0.31 lbs. Barley Flaked info
.35 lbs. Molasses
2 oz. Fuggles
0.25 oz. Brewers Gold
0.25 oz. Brewers Gold
1 tsp. Yeast Nutrient
Slurry of PacMan Yeast
:rockin: