Best place to buy beer glasses?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexavery

Reaction score
I'm looking for pub style beer glasses - like the tulip Guiness shape. In either 16 or 20oz. I don't want to spend a lot. Any ideas on where to buy cheap glassware? I've checked the local Wal-Mart, Target, etc. without luck.

i've bought some heavy duty mugs at Ross for like 7 bucks a 4 pack. These weight like 3pounds a mug.

Yeah I was going to say ROSS too, good selection and can get good stuff on clearance.

Wal-Mart is ok as long as you only want pilnser glasses or pint glasses.

I got a 12-pack of 3 different styles at Meijers (well, I got them for Christmas, but I knwo where they came from) for less than $20 I think.

I'm looking for pub style beer glasses - like the tulip Guiness shape. In either 16 or 20oz. I don't want to spend a lot. Any ideas on where to buy cheap glassware? I've checked the local Wal-Mart, Target, etc. without luck.

I bought a bunch from cost plus/pier one. They were about $3 each.

Paulbill

I bought tulips at the local crate & barrel outlet for a little under a buck a piece 3-4 years ago. That outlet is awesome--pint glasses, huge pilsners, kolsch, and others were also sub-$1, but panel mugs (thick enough to hold a chill in the freezer) were $2-ish.

I got most of my glasses from pubglasses.com. Several others I found at local liquor stores. Ask if you don't see any, lots of liquor stores get promo glassware from breweries.

+1 for PubGlasses. I couldn't find blank Tulip Pints anywhere else. Shipping is kind of expensive for one, but the more you get it doesn't go up much.

Yup, I also bought some at World Market. They had some with a blank label of chalk paint, so you could write on it what your drinking, or a name I guess. I use it to keep track of how many i've had, or to play tic tac toe.:D

Last week I found a box of four Guinness glasses at Target on clearance for $7. I found the same glass but with Samuel Smith on it before at the Utah Liquor store here with three different 18oz bottles of beer in a gift box for $6 each. I had to buy all four of those.

Still my favorite glass is a Pilsner from a dollar store. I also have some 32oz beer mugs from the dollar store that are great for bombers.

I bought a bunch of the tulips from Dollar Tree for a buck each. I think they were 20 0r 22 oz.

Amazon has solid deals for pint glasses. While not tulip Guiness shape, mentioned, it is a heavy duty pint glass found in many bars.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was an Old Time Pottery store where I used to live.
They and a good selection and you could buy as many as you wanted and most were usually under a dollar each.

Back