Any suggestions for my IPA recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troutchaser

Reaction score
A bit of a newbie here try to build a good IPA with the hops I have on hand. So here it is.
12.5 lbs Maris otter
1 lbs Munich
.5 lbs crystal 40l

1oz Columbus @ 60
1oz centennial @ 15
.50oz cascade @ 5
.75oz centennial @ 5
.50oz cascade @0
.50oz centennial @ 0

1ozCentennial dry hop
.5oz Columbus dry hop
1oz Citra dry hop
Mash at 150. Use safale 05.
My questions are is there any point in using the Maris otter over 2 row. Also how does the hop bill look? is it weird to have the Citra just in the dry hop?Any consructive criticism is welcome thanks.

I don't know that the MO will make a huge difference given the rest of that recipe, if you've got it in stock that's fine but if you're buying the recipe new I'd probably just go with the cheaper 2-row. Hop schedule looks fine to me, though I'd double or triple the flameout addition and do it as a hop stand.

Triple the flameout with hop stand sounds good to me! Yeah I was thinking that with the MO but have never tried it and wasn't sure maybe I'll just go with the 2 row

I have never done a hop stand but want to on this brew. My recipes now is about 70 ibu it I do a hop stand will that increase my ibu's at all?

It shouldn't if you partially chill first. I chill to about 160-170 then add the whirpool hops.

Back