Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someday my wife will let me run my beer taps through the wall; I'll call it my glory hole!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

LOL but that's a horrible thing to call it.

Nothing pretty, and still haven't added any faucets. But functions great as a 2 tap kegerator and 2 bucket fermentation chamber.
That in wall setup was pretty sweet.
Cheers.

Edit: why app?why?! No one likes sideways pictures!

1397713321784.jpg

1397713403279.jpg

It's been awhile since I went through this thread, so many great additions have been made. Lots of ideas for my next build once I get a new house.

This is my set up
This is nothing short of inspirational... and I have just the spot to do it. Wow... now you've got me thinking... :mug:

Here's what I'm working with... 33" side-by-side in the garage, currently stocked with a 1/4 of Lagunitas IPA. I wasn't keen on the 1/4 because I like to change out kegs often, but I really wanted to test the size to see if I could fit a 1/4 and my corny homebrew keg in there--and I can:

As with my last kegerator, I reinforced the bottom shelves with plywood so they'll take the weight. Once my homebrew is kegged, I need to go get a gas manifold, and a 2nd shank & faucet.

Gonna put an stc-1000 is this baby later this week.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398122554.245663.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398131233.374497.jpg mine as of right now, only other thing I want is a ss drip tray. Had to get the dogfish block handle since tara mcpherson has been my favorite artist since high school, and found the other to match when I upgraded to a two handle setup. Honestly never had dogfish, they don't sell it in idaho! (But my buddy just picked some up for me while out of state :D )

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398195936.799417.jpg

Will have a third spigot soon. Manifold is set up for 3 on tap and one to carb.

My seemingly eternally evolving project...

Freebie fridge in the garage:

Manifold, drain cup, cool air fan:

Insulated pipe from fridge to wall:

Cabinet in corner of the kitchen:

Open cabinet. The drain runs back into the fridge in the orange cup. Yeast vial faucet handles with various grains. The part the faucets and backsplash are mounted on was originally built to hang on the wall. While figuring where i wanted to mount it I sat it on that shelf. BINGO...took it in another direction. :tank:

View attachment 194836 mine as of right now, only other thing I want is a ss drip tray. Had to get the dogfish block handle since tara mcpherson has been my favorite artist since high school, and found the other to match when I upgraded to a two handle setup. Honestly never had dogfish, they don't sell it in idaho! (But my buddy just picked some up for me while out of state :D )

Quite the coin collection there.

That is the weirdest thing I've ever seen in my life. It is awesome!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398620319.732492.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1398620343.738966.jpg
Just a very basic fridge from cosco. I cut the drawers and the inside of the door, fits 2 pepsi kegs. The co2 tank and regulator sits in the back and i just use cobra picnic taps for now. When i'll find the schematics of the fridge online to know where to drill the holes, i'll install a tower with 2 taps.

Step 1: Have dog guard door so you can't be disturbed

Step 2: Cut ugly hole in wall and re-route light switch/wires to newly installed junction box (not shown)

Step 3: Make sure there are no other electrical wires in wall by taking picture. Safety first!

Step 4: Build liquor cabinet above taps, make insulated box for faucet shanks and cover ugly hole in wall with drywall.

Step 5: Plaster ugly drywall

Step 6: TIG-weld tailpieces on beer shanks

Step 7: Machine aluminum blocks and sweat some copper lines to keep beer shanks cold, all the way to the faucet.

Step 8: Put tile on wall and grout same. Mix too much grout and leave excess to harden on back porch picnic table in bucket so you can never use bucket, again.

Step 9: Search interwebz for picture of trunk line

Step 10: Make trunk line with chiller lines in center, wire -tie together, wrap with saran wrap for vapor barrier, tin foil for thermal barrier, foam pipe wrap for insulation and electrical tape the whole mess together for aesthetics and to keep it from falling apart

Step 11: Have German engineers thoroughly inspect trunk line for quality

Step 12: Run trunk line into spare fridge, in basement.

Step 13: Use pond/fountain pump to recirculate RV anti-freeze through chiller lines of trunk line.
Feel free to employ judicious use of shop-vac on return line to start flow if pump does not have enough head to start circulation by itself

Step 14: Pour beer, drink same, smoke pipe while drinking.

I love the coolant system! nice job. Only problem is the fact you only have one keg in there! and it looks commercial!! more time brewing less time building!! :D

Here is my setup. I have 4 taps but only only beer in there right now. I need to buy a 4 way manifold and install a drip tray.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398856256.012437.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398856283.801437.jpg

went from this
IMG_20131013_212341_724_zps9eefaf27.jpg

to this
0430141956a_zpsjhzmkbg1.jpg

only had two on tap at any given time anyways. But! good to note, my old keezer is now in the shed acting as a fermentation chamber... so now i can ferment 10 gallons at a time (back to back brewday or 10 gallon batches) so all is right with the world.

Here is my setup. I have 4 taps but only only beer in there right now. I need to buy a 4 way manifold and install a drip tray.

View attachment 196539

View attachment 196540

This make me nervous! Lol I would install a little tab from the freezer door to under the fridge door, so the fridge would always open with the freezer but not the other way around. Protect the beer!

This make me nervous! Lol I would install a little tab from the freezer door to under the fridge door, so the fridge would always open with the freezer but not the other way around. Protect the beer!

Good call. Unfortunately it's too late. Both my wife and 7 year old spilled beer everywhere! I put the old handles on to prevent this from happening again!ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398995830.612117.jpg

Good call. Unfortunately it's too late. Both my wife and 7 year old spilled beer everywhere! I put the old handles on to prevent this from happening again!View attachment 196915

Another option I've seen on a local one was to use a thin small piece of sheet metal on the inside of the two doors so they open simultaneously... Just a thought if you like you're other handless more

Latest posts

Back