Hello! Beaver County, PA here.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpdean

Reaction score
Potential new brewer here and this site has been a great help and very informative. I previously posted on here my questions and concerns about jumping into to brewing and someone made the suggestion of hanging out with someone that already brews and learning the ropes. I was wondering if anyone was near me to possibly do that. A kind of "Vo-Tech" for homebrewing.

howdy lpdean. i live in Trumbull County OH, a little bit north of Youngstown, and a few co-workers of mine home brew too (they got me into it). Actually, tonight there is a homebrew tasting at a small local home brew shop in Struthers OH (south east of Youngstown) called the Pumphouse, which starts at 6:30. Basically people bringing in a bottle or two of homebrew, homemade wine, store bought microbrews, etc. but you aren't obligated to bring anything if you don't want to, it's more for socializing. Oh and it's free. I hope this notice isn't too short. It's not necessarily a brew session, but youll get to experience some homebrew and see first hand that you can make great beer at home, plus you can meet other people near the area. The address for the Pumphouse is:

336 Elm St, Struthers, OH
(330) 755-3642

I hope this isn't too late of a notice and I hope to see you there. if not, I'm sure i'll see you on this forum and we can get together and have a brew session

Hankevans, Thanks for the invite! Wish I could have made it but, the wife already had a weekend getaway planned to Berkley Springs, WV. I'll have to make it out for the next one or join you for a brew session if you don't mind a newbie wathcing.
I did get the chance to have a few good brews while away. Ever here of Potomic Ale? I was told it is brewed in or near Ashford, MD. Couldn't find anywhere to get a sixer of it though.

Back