Planning first batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beowulf

Reaction score
Greetings and salutations,

I've been talking to some of my homebrew buddies for awhile, and finally threw caution to the wind and decided to get started. I've been planning my first batch, and have most of my equipment on order.

I'm sort of an obsessive researcher and over-planner, but hopefully it will pay off with some really good beer. I've been doing a lot of lurking, learning and laughing in the forums so far, and most of my questions have been answered already by doing some forum searches.

It's great to have such an invaluable resource....

Welcome to HBT!
In some ways the first one is the hardest because of the waiting but it gets easy after the obsession takes hold and you start brewing more than you can drink.

What is the first beer you are doing?

Thanks, cvstrat and Nurmey!

My first is a True Brew Oktoberfest kit, so it's an Oktoberfest-style Ale I suppose, rather than a traditional lager. I've read of other success stories with this kit, and have been doing a lot of research to perhaps make some improvements, so hopefully it will come out pretty good.

Thanks again...

Back