Dry hopping my way

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostforatime

Reaction score
When I dryhop I just dump whole hops right in. Then I rock back and forth once a day for a week or two. Why do I do this? Well I fell that it alows more of the beer to come in contact with the leafs. Is this OK, does anyone else do this?

Not once a day, but yep, I do. The hops float on the surface otherwise.

However, the batch where I didn't do that came out fine and didn't seem to have a lack of utilization, so it might not really be necessary.

-D

Since I use BB's I come in and squeeze the sides so that the beer engulfs the hops and then I let it filter back down.

Dan

When I initially put the hops into the secondary, I use a santized "stick" (usually my racking cane) to push the hops into the beer. Otherwise, no other agitation.

My latest SNPA clone has a wonderful aroma (first AG too!). Not sure it's necessary to agitate periodically, but I might give it a try to see if I can notice any difference.

Back