Predicament

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunner5360

Reaction score
So I seem to have gotten myself into a bit of a Predicament. I just got home from my somewhat local HBS and have started my brewing process, although I haven't be able to get much further than cleaning all the equipment, when I realized that I didn't have the mesh grain bags that I thought I did or my wonderful fiancee has tossed them. So I come to you all great and wise HBT crowd and query you on your suggestions! The HBS is about 26 mi one way with a $5 toll on the way back.

Go to walmart and pick up a 5G paint strainer bag. I'm assuming this is for steeping grains? You could also toss them in loose, then after steeping, strain the water through a colander.

Go to walmart and pick up a 5G paint strainer bag. I'm assuming this is for steeping grains? You could also toss them in loose, then after steeping, strain the water through a colander.

Yup, nylon paint strainer bags are great for it and are reusable.

cut a leg off your wonderful fiancee's panty hose and use it

This is another workable option...just make sure they're clean first...well that is if want to go ahead and use the yeast that came with your kit. ;)

The first option, the paint bag may be the better one if you want to continue the relationship with your fiance unless she has already given her approval to your venture.

My Walmart doesn't carry paint strainer bags but Home Depot does. I would think that a reputable paint store would stock them too.

:off:

This is another workable option...just make sure they're clean first...well that is if want to go ahead and use the yeast that came with your kit. ;)

A buddy of mine swears he used *that* to make a batch of beer, and it allegedly was the best beer he'd ever tried. But then again, that was many years ago, and tales (tails?) seem to get more impressive over many repeated tellings.

:off:

A buddy of mine swears he used *that* to make a batch of beer, and it allegedly was the best beer he'd ever tried. But then again, that was many years ago, and tales (tails?) seem to get more impressive over many repeated tellings.

He's probably just passing on the urban legend about the artist and OPB beer.

opb-713143.jpg

Most of us think it's BS anyway, later she claimed to have baked bread with it too. It's an art instillation and not a real think.

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=23562

There's actually a bunch of threads about it here.

Ask about steeping bags... And look at all the craziness I get !!!! Ended up having to go to the depot. The brand Wally world is too ghetto to carry paint supplies

Back