The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all, I know this is the Masstoberfest thread, but as i was just checking emails, I don't know why I wanted to open up this tab and write this. Two of my kids are having surgery today. My oldest is having his spleen taken out, because they don't know what's wrong with him. He's been in the hospital for 2 weeks with symptoms they can't put together and have a clear diagnosis. His enlarged spleen seems to be the issue. Not 100%. That has been unbelievable in itself. He's at one of the best hospitals in the world and they just can't figure it out.

My 8yo has SVT. Well, we thought. His heart rate jumped to 250-60 BPM last evening. Normal is 90. I guess it's not SVT, but some other issue with his heart. We took him to Childrens hospital ER. They kept him over night and are doing a procedure to hopefully shock his heart back into rhythm. I got in late last night and I'm heading over there soon. This isn't really my style talking about my personal life on a forum, but I just felt like writing this. Thanks

Hey all, I know this is the Masstoberfest thread, but as i was just checking emails, I don't know why I wanted to open up this tab and write this. Two of my kids are having surgery today. My oldest is having his spleen taken out, because they don't know what's wrong with him. He's been in the hospital for 2 weeks with symptoms they can't put together and have a clear diagnosis. His enlarged spleen seems to be the issue. Not 100%. That has been unbelievable in itself. He's at one of the best hospitals in the world and they just can't figure it out.

My 8yo has SVT. Well, we thought. His heart rate jumped to 250-60 BPM last evening. Normal is 90. I guess it's not SVT, but some other issue with his heart. We took him to Childrens hospital ER. They kept him over night and are doing a procedure to hopefully shock his heart back into rhythm. I got in late last night and I'm heading over there soon. This isn't really my style talking about my personal life on a forum, but I just felt like writing this. Thanks

Prayers for you and your family.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Thanks for the kind words everybody and sorry for being such a buzzkill in this informative, educational and inspirational thread. Both kids are good right now. My 8yo's heart rate has been stable and he should come home today. He will need a procedure done next month to repair some issues in his heart, but should be 100% once it's done. He's on beta blockers right now. I'm heading over to see my oldest son. His surgery went well yesterday, but hurting right now. He's doing a lot of sleeping at the moment. His spleen was 4 pounds when it was taken out. Normal is 6 or 7 ounces. Hopefully this was the reason for all of his symptoms over the last 4 weeks.

I don't care what people say, you Massholes are ok. Please go back to Helping your fellow man.

So glad to hear the good news, dude. My daughter had a heart issue that sounds similar when she was born (heart beating at twice the normal rate); thankfully, a year of beta-blockers and it fixed itself. I can't even begin to imagine going through stuff with TWO kids at the same time; aigh. Keep strong, and your family will be in all our thoughts.

So glad to hear the good news, dude. My daughter had a heart issue that sounds similar when she was born (heart beating at twice the normal rate); thankfully, a year of beta-blockers and it fixed itself. I can't even begin to imagine going through stuff with TWO kids at the same time; aigh. Keep strong, and your family will be in all our thoughts.

Thanks Jay...It's been pretty tense around here.. I'm glad to hear your daughter came through that fine.

And PTN is still a bastard..

Thanks for the kind words everybody and sorry for being such a buzzkill in this informative, educational and inspirational thread. Both kids are good right now. My 8yo's heart rate has been stable and he should come home today. He will need a procedure done next month to repair some issues in his heart, but should be 100% once it's done. He's on beta blockers right now. I'm heading over to see my oldest son. His surgery went well yesterday, but hurting right now. He's doing a lot of sleeping at the moment. His spleen was 4 pounds when it was taken out. Normal is 6 or 7 ounces. Hopefully this was the reason for all of his symptoms over the last 4 weeks.

I don't care what people say, you Massholes are ok. Please go back to Helping your fellow man.

Glad to hear things are getting better.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just catching up and wow, really sorry to hear about the scares Bri.. And glad to hear things sound like they're on the right path. Hopefully things continue to get better, quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew because it impresses people

Glad to hear everything is headed in the right direction. I hope all continues going that way.

My wife makes better beer than you.

Glad to hear things are going to the positive. Hope to see you @ Masstoberfest.

My wife makes better beer than you.

Jeeeeeesus. Talk about a bunch of "hey everyone! Look at me!" posts.

Way ta go Bri.

(I'll deny it but still sending out lots of good thoughts. We're all thinking about you guys).

So the NFL is televising their refereeing clinics now, and have successfully redefined "Flag Football" in the offing.

Defense? Fahgettaboutit!

Sheesh...

Cheers!

How are your boys doing?

My little one is good right now. He needs a heart procedure done next month, but should be 100%. My oldest had a splenectomy last Saturday. He's home today, but having some of the same symptoms as before, which sucks. His spleen was 4 pounds when they pull it out. Normal is 6-7oz. Nuts!!

Hey Cape, I'm gonna buy you one of these for Christmas:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DCC50BC/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

The only thing I would do with that is use it for target practice for loose feces.

That said... About time they finally started pricing them appropriately.

"Oh hey... I just finished my second extract batch... Where can I find the best 4.5 gallon stainless conicals??"

Fcukin' jerk

Now I'm all fired up... AT TMDTOTM's preseason game !! I effin hate you Az

Last edited by a moderator:
Urban dictionary has TTOTM, and if MD stands for most disgusting, I guess I figured it out, but it doesn't seem to make any sense in the context of pre-season football, so I think I still don't know.

Alas, showing my urban ignorance yet again.

Back