Whats it worth? (brewstand)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riored4v

Reaction score
Built this brew stand a little while back and am in the process of upgrading to go with a single tier setup.

Just kind of curious to get an idea of what its worth so i can list it on Craigslist. Its in good condition still and would come with the cooler/mashtun pictured

normal_Test_run.JPG

Are you selling it will all the plumbing, parts (burner, pot, pump) included? That would be the main reason I'd buy it....otherwise its a glorified work cart that I wouldn't spend more than $50-75 for.

If its the cart alone, you are probably better off keeping and re-purposing it.

Nope, all the plumbing and stuff would be getting transferred to the new stand. Obviously it would be trying to be sold as an actual brewing stand vs a work cart since its super compact for the size, doesnt require a ladder, has spots for two propane tanks along with locks for the mash tun.

Nope, all the plumbing and stuff would be getting transferred to the new stand. Obviously it would be trying to be sold as an actual brewing stand vs a work cart since its super compact for the size, doesnt require a ladder, has spots for two propane tanks along with locks for the mash tun.

I don't think you will get a premium for selling it as a brew-stand, plus you are limiting the number of eyeballs that would lay upon it from craigslist. I'd probably offer $40-50 for it, figuring I'd end up paying 50-60...that is what I figure I would spend in lumber, casters to build it myself. If the price was higher, I'd just build it myself.

Ask $100, take any offer over $20 would be my advice. If you have my lack of patience for knucklehead craigslist shoppers, list it as "free to good home".

Well there's no way I would let it go for $20. The cooler is worth more than that by itself.

:drunk:

:mug:

And more I think about it, I'll likely sell it with the Blichmann burner and SQ-14 burner.

OK, so if I am following flow, you are going to sell the cart, mash tun/cooler and BOTH burners?

Cart $40
Cooler $30
Blichmann burner $70
Bayou SQ-14 $30

I would ask $150

OK, so if I am following flow, you are going to sell the cart, mash tun/cooler and BOTH burners?

Cart $40
Cooler $30
Blichmann burner $70
Bayou SQ-14 $30

I would ask $150

Yea, i think that's the plan for now since I won't need those burners any longer.

Thanks

On second thought, start at $200 and take $150 if need be.
Put it on HBT under for sale and I would bet you can find someone within short distance. If I lived closer I would offer ya $150 for it.

riored4v said:
Yea, i think that's the plan for now since I won't need those burners any longer.

Thanks

I think the previous post missed the thermonator wort chiller, pump and propane tanks. This items in my opinion increase the value of the sale by $100 or so dollars.

-John

sikkingj said:
I think the previous post missed the thermonator wort chiller, pump and propane tanks. This items in my opinion increase the value of the sale by $100 or so dollars.

-John

No, the OP stated earlier that it was the cart, cooler and probably the two burners as well. Nothing else....

Someone local will pay $100 for the Blichmann, The sq-14 $25. The cooler I would have to see the manifold and valve, but maybe $35 The plant stand/ two tier/garage cart I would think if those casters are nice $25-$30.

List the blichmann burner for 115 and your gonna get at least a hundred for it. They don't lose their value and there are always locals on the look out for one.

List the blichmann burner for 115 and your gonna get at least a hundred for it. They don't lose their value and there are always locals on the look out for one.

Pretty much what I'm shooting for. Trying to get $100 for the blichmann burner since its still in perfect shape since it was only used to heat my HLT. The modded SQ14 im selling for $30 and the mashtune/cart i'm still in the air about since granted, the materials are cheap, but people often dont want to, or can't, put the labor in to building something. Plus its built like a tank. I might have a buyer lined up for it though, so hopefully it goes through.

Latest posts

Back