Nelson Sauvin Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Delish. Although some have said they get a BO kind of smell from them but seems to be subjective. I have not made a beer that only used them though so maybe that is part of it. So far have blended them with galaxy and simcoe and the beers had awesome aroma and good flavor. Maybe people who have used them in a single hop beer can give more info. However I am a big fan of them and glad I was able to snag a pound this year.

If I was you id do a smash and learn about those hops, maybe they are really good. I know that widmer uses these hops in their drifter and thats probably my favorite pale ale ever..

they are great on their own or paired with other hops

they are very potent flavor and aroma wise so keep that in mind

I just did my second single hop APA with them today. They're good on their own, but should pair nicely with any C-hop.

FaxedHead said:
Thinking about making an IPA with Nelson Sauvin Hops.
Any suggestions?

I did a dry hopped saison with them that was insanely good. Just a fwh edition with willamette (anything as a fwh will work it just helps with isomerization) and then late hop additions with the NV and 1 oz. of dry hopping. One of my best beers.

I recently had a Widmer Brothers Nelson Imperial IPA. It was magnificent. Here is what their website says about it.

70 IBU
8.6%
Original Gravity : 21 Plato
Malts: 2-Row Pale, Carapils, Caramel 10-L
Hops: Alchemy, Nelson Sauvin, Cascade, Willamette

This would be a great beer to try and clone.

Back