What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391217990.563770.jpg

A little upset im paying what i pay for a 4 pack of bigfoot or scotty karate for one bronx pale ale, but they are tasting great at the ranger isles game. LGR!ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391218098.542387.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391219325.584309.jpg
3rd and final pour of Saint Somewhere Pays du Soleil. Pretty much, they brewed a Dubbel, pitched a mutated WL565, open fermented, and then threw in some Brett L. for good measure. Normally, my least favorite of their beers, but aged properly, this thing is awesome.

Im lost with my new phone,its putting me in a black hole, its like Chinese.Ive had my old azz Lg ev2 forever. Cant even figure out how to add contacts yet kinda Chinese. Need a break with some Taber home wild blackberry wine and HBT.

View attachment 176304
3rd and final pour of Saint Somewhere Pays du Soleil. Pretty much, they brewed a Dubbel, pitched a mutated WL565, open fermented, and then threw in some Brett L. for good measure. Normally, my least favorite of their beers, but aged properly, this thing is awesome.

I tried something based on that and ended up with crap. Added some ECY02, waited 6 months and ended up with awesome. Bottled it, went back to crap. 4 months later, it's finally headed towards awesome again.:D

I tried something based on that and ended up with crap. Added some ECY02, waited 6 months and ended up with awesome. Bottled it, went back to crap. 4 months later, it's finally headed towards awesome again.:D

Yeah, you still have a MAW thank you package headed your way. I procrastinate, luckily for you, the beers I will send will benefit from said procrastination.
Drank (drunken?) young, the beer is just slightly weird. This is the first time I have had it that the Brett is killing it. In the Brett-iest way possible.

Unloading the haul from the sale at Whole Foods. Case discount compounded the savings!

Hopefully the case discount makes up for the alchopop lambics. If you're new to the style, don't write it off based on those two.

Jester King RU55 and Green Man Snozberry then a Blatherskite, and then a hidden pipe Coffee porter. Now tacos and then who knows. Yeah.

Where you gettin fancy at tonight?

Glad I got to try this. It's pretty good

How's home feeling?

Gravity sample of my Roggenbier. Had some scorching with the heat sticks (I still don't know how, I've never had that happen before, and no issue with the next batch after it...), hoped it wouldn't be too noticeable (or I could at least pass it off as smoked), but the burnt flavor and aroma is pretty front and center and harsh and unpleasant. I'll see what happens after sitting, but that flavor probably ain't getting better, and I might dump the batch.

Bells Two Hearted. I'm pretty happy considering I expected this bar to just have Bud Light.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Home Brew mobile app

I need to get my hands on one that old. The '12 was still pretty good, but I'd love to see what it's like with that much age on it.

Sent from your liver, please give me the night off!

His stuff is all over the place batch to batch. If I get over to NC again and can find more old ones than I want to hoard, I'll let you know. I've got a 6 pack of '12s. I tried one fresh and bought more hoping they come around. Could be a different batch than what you tried, these are one the phenolic/side. I hope I find another Stille Nacht honey hole. I've found a few 05 and one 07 in the last couple years that were some of the best beers I've ever had.

Just watched The Shining with SWMBO and kids...forget how many times the F-bomb got dropped along with several other bleep-worthy words. Oops! Now they're all off to have nightmares while I start drinking! I think I'm going to start with a 22 oz HB that I call Big Dark Stout...genius...I know. Anyway, this was put together with some malt and grain that was a little old, but was given to me for free; so I decided, "What the hell...worst case is second tier beer." Last time I tasted this one, it was kind of sour/tangy...not what I was looking for in a stout. This time, head looks good, aroma is kind of "meh", flavor isn't really sour anymore...better. A couple more months and it could go from "meh" to "hmmm".

IMAG2539.jpg

I'm happy to be home, but I'll miss sleeping all night.

Trying to decide whether to go to bed or not. I hear screaming up there...

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I've got some advice. It starts with a V.

& ends with an asectomy.

Back