Home Brewing In Halifax, Nova Scotia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy_B

Reaction score
Just wondering if there are many home brewers amongst us from the Halifax area? I'd like to get a club going or at least hold some meets. I am only new to the hobby but would like to learn and help who I can. A brew club would be a great way to accomplish this! I noticed there was a club a while back "the brewnosers", however they don't seem to be active any longer. Post up and we can see if there is any interest.

Totally, I caught it in my daily "beer" search.

About some kind of club, I'd be interested in that. There are a few others in the area on HBT as well that may be.

Totally, I caught it in my daily "beer" search.

About some kind of club, I'd be interested in that. There are a few others in the area on HBT as well that may be.

haha, that's what I figured would happen. I search beer on a daily basis as well.

Any idea as to why there isn't currently a club in the area? I saw the brewnoser club and noticed there hasn't been any recent activity. It seems like there is a fairly large number of brewers in the area since we have 4 or 5 LHBS in HRM. I'm fairly new at this stuff and would like to learn more. I figured there was no better way than to get a club together, have brew days and share recipes/brews.

I have no idea why there's no club, or if there is one why it's not publicised. Try calling Noble Grape in Burnside, they would know.

I know there are tonnes of brewers here though.

Just thought I would give you an update. I heard from a few people after posting my ad on kijiji. I was told the Brewnosers were still very active.

Anyway, after some discussion with the club members I went ahead and built them a new website. You can check it out at http://www.brewnosers.org

The club definitely is very active, we have nearly 70 posts on the forum after only a week.

Just thought I'd give this thread a bump. I am in Halifax. Currently looking for some equipment. Any updates on the local brewing clubs?

Cheers.

Back