Epic Gaming Table

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesKY

Reaction score
Ten months ago I posted a question in this thread about bridging two home brew kegs because I was building a piece of furniture that would contain a kegerator that would be difficult to change kegs on.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/bridging-two-kegs-95316/

I wanted to come back and let you know what I and a few friends have been working on. Here is a DIY project that we've been working on for about the past year. If any of you are table top RPG gamers in addition to home brew enthusiasts then you should get a kick out of it.

http://epicgamingtable.wordpress.com/

Most of the time yes but I recently critically failed on my first lager. My second turned out much better though.

I don't play RPG, but that thing is reaaaal nice. Amazing craftsmanship. I can't believe you guys cut all those squares by hand! I am pretty curious how you're going to get your keggerator in there and get all 5 taps hooked up.

I also noticed bud light cans on the table. Shame, shame. :cross:

I forwarded your link to a co-worker who has a weekly gaming group. He came over to thank me for costing him $500-$1000 now that he has to have someone build that for him :)

I am pretty curious how you're going to get your keggerator in there and get all 5 taps hooked up.

That was one of the biggest challenges. We also have to worry about sufficient cooling of the coils on the fridge. Hopefully our plans will work out.

I also noticed bud light cans on the table. Shame, shame. :cross:

lol when that photo was taken we were working in a wood shop that was shared by several other people. I assure you that we will only be drinking quality beer from the taps on the table. :)

I haven't played since AD&D 2e days with TSR books. I'm so far removed from my pen and paper days I first was trying to figure out where you put the cups for pong... :(

You have inspiered me to work on another type of gaming table. The beer pong table... Taps would come in real handy on that.

My dream table is #1 on this list: Top 10 Beer Pong Tables

Good looking work... Not familiar with the games, but you say the checkered area is a map area? So... How does that work? Obviously a grid and such... Cutting all those cubes would drive me insane. Nice craftmanship!

(When I first saw it, I thought it was to network 4 computers together... I then naturally pictured you guys like this:

warcraft_southpark.jpg

If it were me designing that table I would hinge the DM's side of the table so that it was a door for the inside of the table. Then mount the kegerator on casters so that you could pull it out (obviously would require some engineering for the tap lines).

Of course it looks like it is too late to introduce that without significant rennovations.

I think I would also have had the users share taps to simplify cooling the lines.

If there were an award for geekiest thread, this one would win hands down :)

Great work, what and innovative idea. Now you have my wheels spinning for a poker table with integral tap

This is pretty awesome! You want to build me one too?

Also, you should put Microsoft Surface on the table top.

[ame="http://vimeo.com/7132858"]http://vimeo.com/7132858[/ame]

Even if it was just a 50" LCD display covered with glass would be neat.

Edit/ didn't want to detract from the big bag of awesome that this table is by talking about other stuff that could be neat. This project is AWESOME.

Now that truly IS epic. The good news is that our map surface will be interchangeable and I have plans on building a new map surface that incorporates one or more LCD displays that can be controlled with a laptop from the GM station. That will have to be added in the future though because unfortunately we have a limited budget.

Still, what you're doing is great. Individual tap handles?!? Makes me want to build a line from the kegerator all the way to my office, so I never have to get up during a long gaming session.

Keep up the good work!

If it were me designing that table I would hinge the DM's side of the table so that it was a door for the inside of the table. Then mount the kegerator on casters so that you could pull it out (obviously would require some engineering for the tap lines).

That's actually our current plan. We'll have to jack the table up though because the kegerator is actually higher than the desk surfaces. We'll figure that part out when we come to it though.

Edit/ didn't want to detract from the big bag of awesome that this table is by talking about other stuff that could be neat. This project is AWESOME.

No worries. Believe me we considered a lot of the ideas you mentioned. In the end though we decided that one of the aspects of table top gaming we really enjoy is physically holding rule books, character sheets, and rolling dice. Adding too many electronic gizmos just took us out of the experience but I totally understand how someone else would see things differently.

In the end we designed the table that works for us and threw in an obscene number of beer taps just for fun.

If there were an award for geekiest thread, this one would win hands down

This is by far the geekiest thing we've ever done.

I have never been into table-top gaming, but that thing is just an epic win! Wow! First off, congratulation on the pure craftsmanship. Secondly, the only thing missing at this point now that you have a tap at every station is a place to piss. :mug:

Looks like a pretty cool idea, I'd like to see where you can go with it. I need to improve my woodworking skills....

Can't say the RPG idea is a cool one LOL...but the table is beautiful. Great workmanship. Great idea for a poker table too.

Wow, this looks phenomenal! I've never played DD or anything of the like, and I'm still drooling over that thing. Excellent craftsmanship and a very creative idea all around!

just wanted to pipe in and say that table is freaking phenomenal!
It makes me wish i played D&D or some other pen and paper rpg, so i could build one!

congrats. on conception and execution.. quite awesome.

I see a lot of nay-sayers in here so I will admit it. I play D&D occasionally with a group of my friends. I sent them the link and we are now on the hunt for a carpenter to see if we can't make something similar.

This table is the first thing I have seen on these forums that has peaked my interest across multiple hobbies. That bumps it up on the project priority list, shouldn't it?

Great job on the table so far! I can't wait to see you drinking some tasty homebrew and slayin some kobolds.

Back