Get a picture.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
When I spend time on a board I get a mental picture for the other (personality and stuff). Some times my image of a person is way off. I find one of the hardest thing to gauge is age.

Im 37, how old are you lot?

51 and counting down the days to retirement, at least from this job. Might have to find a brewery to work in until my boys are gone....

ORRELSE said:
I'm 32, going on 52, it seems.

32...no way! No offence Orrelse, but I imagined you were this old and wise brewer, imparting the pearls of your wisdom to us all (plus your king avatar makes you appear older).

;)

I'll stick with the second estimate....

I'm 34 BTW.

21 here. Do I get a prize for being the youngest?

All of my friends would have me believing I'm older. I go to bed early, I get up early, I have a regular salaried job, I don't go to parties, and I don't even own any video games less than 10 years old.

BeeGee said:
You look a lot older in your avatar! I guess the other edge of that sword is that I look a lot younger in mine...

I have no idea how old Tony Robinson is....older that 34 I would imagine.

Isn't it bizzare how one formulates an idea of the other members of a forum by things such as avatars and replies to posts.......discuss....

I'm 28 for the second year in a row. For some reason, I got confused last year and told people I was 28 years old all year. Then I had by birthday in December and when I told someone I would be 29 my wife had to correct me. I need an avatar . . .

BlightyBrewer said:
Isn't it bizzare how one formulates an idea of the other members of a forum by things such as avatars and replies to posts.......discuss....
Sure is interesting, although I wonder what that means for us that have animals as our avatar. :)

31 for me, my avatar is an actual photograph of me though . . .:rolleyes:

I have to admit that I thought I was one of the younger ones in the forum. Guess I'm about the average . . .

Wise Irish Saying: While it's good if your neighbors know nothing about you, it's even better if they know a thing or two that isn't true. :D

Having said that, I'm 53, and I look just like my avatar...for now. :cool:

BlightyBrewer said:
32...no way! No offence Orrelse, but I imagined you were this old and wise brewer, imparting the pearls of your wisdom to us all (plus your king avatar makes you appear older).

I'm 34 BTW.

Wise beyond my years.....pfffff. :p I just started this a year ago! I jumped in head first though. I try to soak in as much as I can, but I learn something new everyday. I surf a lot. :D

I'm kind of amazed that a good majority of us are early 30s. I always expect homebrewers to be old farts.

Good thread orfy!

Will be 36 in March

thats actually me in the avatar . . . on a pretty noramal day too. My head gets cold in the winter since I shave it and bright lights gives me headaches so the guys at work either call me Pumbaa (a name I picked up at the fire academy) or The Unibomber

El Pistolero said:
Having said that, I'm 53, and I look just like my avatar...for now. :cool:

Holy cow! We're in the presence of greatness! I can't believe Willie Nelson is a homebrewer! Homegrower I'd believe, but never would have guessed homebrewer. And he actually takes the time to talk to the little people on this forum. Thanks Willie! :D

By the way, my mama didn't let me grow up to be a cowboy - thanks for nothin'!! :mad:

AllHoppedUp said:
By the way, my mama didn't let me grow up to be a cowboy - thanks for nothin'!! :mad:
You haven't seen brokenback mountain yet, have you? :D

Disclaimer: Not that there's anything wrong with that.

DeRoux's Broux said:
don't care to either......
I'm trying to reconcile the stellar reviews with my lack of motivation to see it. I'm not sure if my lack of motivation is thematic or just due to my 'hype avoidance' complex. Plus I still need to see Syriana, Munich, and Walk the Line.

BeeGee said:
Yeah, apparently one of them breaks his back while...crap, I should have indicated spoilers!
I'm not sure if that stuff coming out my nose is the white russian from laughing...or just vomit. :eek:

Back