Ripped tin foil during stater cool down

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Quick question, I made a starter Wed night and while cooling my flask/wort down in an ice bath I notice a rip in the tin foil (sanitized) so I made a new sanitized cap...do you think the starter might be affected?

I'm not sure when it ripped but I don't expect it was a long period of time. Is there any way to see if it is infected?

Quick question, I made a starter Wed night and while cooling my flask/wort down in an ice bath I notice a rip in the tin foil (sanitized) so I made a new sanitized cap...do you think the starter might be affected?

I'm not sure when it ripped but I don't expect it was a long period of time. Is there any way to see if it is infected?

Relax, Don't worry, Have a Homebrew. (RDWHAHB) Your starter is fine! :mug:

As the others said you should be fine, if in doubt pour some into a glass and taste it before you pitch it.

I usually do this anyway since I cool it down to settle the yeast out and then pour off the excess starter beer (into a pint glasss which I then drink!).

Latest posts

Back