Oktoberfest Ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOODED

Reaction score
I would like to brew an Oktoberfest, but I'm not set up for lagering. Is there an Oktoberfest Ale? Where can I find a recipe or kit? Is there is not an Oktoberfest, is there something similar that you can recommend? Thank you.

I brewed the True Brew Oktoberfest last year as an ale and it was "okay." It needs time to age and taste better. I tasted one 6 months after the rest had been consumed and it was 10x better than the rest. I know this means nothing to you now, but it is good advice for next year. I mean, don't get me wrong - it was still drinkable and "good" but I thought it lacked flavor and was borderline boring.

I brewed the True Brew Oktoberfest last year as an ale and it was "okay." It needs time to age and taste better. I tasted one 6 months after the rest had been consumed and it was 10x better than the rest. I know this means nothing to you now, but it is good advice for next year. I mean, don't get me wrong - it was still drinkable and "good" but I thought it lacked flavor and was borderline boring.

I just brewed that kit last Friday.

Back