Advice on kegging equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSeibel

Reaction score
Guys...I found this one on ebay. Anything wrong with it? I knwo the Co2 tank is small but I dont mind filling it up somewhat often.

Here it is. Its $259USD plsu $47 shipping

2 Faucet Tower Kit Utilizing a 20oz Paintball style CO2 tank for Portability and ease of use!

This Kit gives you everything you need to dispense beer from a cornelius/firestone, homebrew keg. This kit uses an adapter on the regulator that allows it to connect to a paintball style CO2 tank. The 20oz tank that it comes with will dispense 6 homebrew kegs. These tanks can be filled at any store or facility that fills paintball CO2 cylinders. In my area they charge about $3.50 to fill this size tank. Most cities have multiple locations that can fill these tanks (more than are available for standard CO2 tanks) The kit comes with the following:

A CO2 regulator that features an American made body and very high quality components. We assemble and test each regulator. The regulator includes a shutoff with check valve, 0-60 gauge,l 60PSI blow off safety and adjustment set screw to lock in your required pressure.
An exclusive side mount adapter for pin lock paintball style CO2 bottles. This side mount design is safer than other adapters on the market, because with a top mount adapter it is possible to unscrew adapter from the bottle when removing bottle.
A new, US made Aluminum 20oz pin valve CO2 bottle with a recent test date.
2 Cornelius/Firestone 5 Gallon Kegs, cleaned, rinsed, and pressure tested!

2 Faucet Stainless Steel Beer tower with Chrome Faucets and Faucet handles.
Our kits are fully assembled and tested! We have sold thousands of kits via Ebay and our Website.
We absolutely guarantee your satisfaction with this kit.

Thanks

Dave

Filling a 20oz tank will be very often. When it comes to Co2, filling is very pricey per lb with smaller tanks, a 20lb tank is $15 to fill and a 10 is $12, a 5lb costs $10.
Once you have a Co2 tank you will porobably realize how many other things it is useful for, like purging a keg or fermenter, force carb, etc. 20oz might displace 6 five gallon batches but that's a very optimistic figure.
Especially being a new setup you will probably run into leaks, pressure adjustments, etc. Without seeing the auction, I also wonder about the regulator and if it can be used with bigger bottles down the line. A 20oz tank would be convenient for on the road dispensing, though.

For the money I wouldnt bother with that kit. Shipping included your looking at over 300 dollars. For my money I would consider purchasing this kit from midwest.

Homebrew Deluxe - 2 Tap System :: Midwest Supplies Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies

or this kit and ordering yourself some perlick taps (Ive heard theyre better than the ones that come with the kit)

Brew Logic Dual Tap Draft System- with Reconditioned CO2 Tank :: Midwest Supplies Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies

I actually ordered the bottom kit last week. I plan on getting some perlicks when I build a kegerator.

Back