Proper Burial

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjl04002

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just wanted to hear everyone's opinion on proper burial for your creations if anything bad should ever happen to them.

My idea was to pour it in the back yard, then pour out a 40 oz. for my lost comrade. :tank:

Compost heap. But, in another context, I placed them in a plastic bag and then in an old fishing tackle box. Wrapped that in plastic and placed them 4 feet below the earth.

I'll dig them back up in another 18 years when my oldest can enjoy them with me. They were a Mead and an Apfelwein so, they should hold up well.

I've got a band-aided oatmeal stout that I'm thinking about pouring out on my vegetable garden bed this weekend. It should give our crops a little extra somethin' this spring.

i believe the accepted term is 'dead homie', not 'lost comrade' ;)

HAH, I GET IT!

We bury some homebrews as well as some craft brews in the hills where we camp annually, then dig them up the next year and deposit the new batch. Allows us to save some and have good conditioned beer every time we're there. Make sure to get below the frost line though.:tank:

Back