Arkansas Craft beer, need a recommendation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubberband

Reaction score
I'm making a trip to northwest Arkansas early next week and I'm hoping someone can help me with a craft beer recommendation. I fly into Branson, MO and then will stay in Harrison, AR. It doesn't look like "big city", which I like but it may limit the local craft beer scene.

Any tips would be appreciated.:mug:

As a born and bred Arkie who now lives out of state, all I can say is good luck and please report back!

Not too many breweries in Ar.
Also, can't buy alcohol on Sunday. There are a few restu that have the ability to serve on Sunday, but you can not go to the liquor store, 7-11....etc to buy alcohol on the sabbath, so sayeth the gubment.

Side note, Harrison is a small town, like you said. It has been very infamous over the years for its Klan activity which has dwindled in recent years, but still under the surface.

Let us know what you are able to locate there. I sure hope the beer scene has gotten better in the last few years. :mug:

There is a homebrew supply store about 20 miles north of Branson MO in the town of Ozark MO, very nice people and they may be able to hook you up with some HB brothers that like to share. Other then that I'm not sure of any great places to drink a good beer. Lando is correct no beer on Sundays from a beer store or 7/11.

From another born and raised Arkansan that no longer lives there, you have nothing up there in the way of craft brews. If you can get down to Little Rock there is a brewery there called Diamond Bear Brewery but that's as close as you're going to get to Harrison. In Harrison, the "good" beer is going to be Heineken! Good luck.

well Harrison is a dry county. some good places to eat there though would be the Amish bakery near the hospital and neighbors mill is the best for lunch its on the main hwy behind shoney's. But for beer Fayetteville is closer than little rock. in Fayetteville there is hog house which is a brew pub with some really good beer. and theres a tap room up the street with something like 50 on tap or more. other than there there isn't much in Arkansas. I do know that diamond bear does tours on sat and sun at 3. I lived in little rock for 6 years as uf 6 months ago. and my girlfriend is from 5 min from harrison. good luck

There is one brewery in Fayetteville. It's called Hog Haus Brewing Co. It's OK but nothing special. If you make it to Fayetteville let me know, my place is 10 minutes away and I have four on tap all the time.

In Little Rock, there is also Bosco's brew pub. They're from Memphis and also have a location in Nashville. I used to go to the Nashville location all the time and they always had great beer and always something new. I imagine the Little Rock location is equally good and definitely worth a stop (if you were headed that way...).

In Little Rock, there is also Bosco's brew pub. They're from Memphis and also have a location in Nashville. I used to go to the Nashville location all the time and they always had great beer and always something new. I imagine the Little Rock location is equally good and definitely worth a stop (if you were headed that way...).

They are good folks. Catch them brewing and you can score a bucket of live yeast.

:D

There is one brewery in Fayetteville. It's called Hog Haus Brewing Co. It's OK but nothing special. If you make it to Fayetteville let me know, my place is 10 minutes away and I have four on tap all the time.

So, I'll definitely report back but I am pretty sure that I will be going to a beer store looking for a beer to drink. I was thinking about staying in Fayetteville and now I think that is going to be the plan. Harrison is pretty small but it sounds like it may be a speck

I'll report back on the beer should I find one. If Fayetteville does happen, I'll PM you, thanks for the tip in any case.

well Harrison is a dry county. some good places to eat there though would be the Amish bakery near the hospital and neighbors mill is the best for lunch its on the main hwy behind shoney's. But for beer Fayetteville is closer than little rock. in Fayetteville there is hog house which is a brew pub with some really good beer. and theres a tap room up the street with something like 50 on tap or more. other than there there isn't much in Arkansas. I do know that diamond bear does tours on sat and sun at 3. I lived in little rock for 6 years as uf 6 months ago. and my girlfriend is from 5 min from harrison. good luck

You could not be more correct, Harrison was bone dry. I found a good steakhouse and the city was a little bigger than I expected but there was no beer scene at all. It was a bit depressing, I pulled into the gas station right on the MO - AR boarder to fill up the rental car for return. The station had a huge selection of beer-wine-liquor and I saw a gentlemen with Arkansas plates purchasing 4 30-packs of Keystone Light. He was obviously in a dry county.

I did find one microbrew on tap at the Branson airport, Boulevard Brewing un-filtered wheat which was very unspectacular, especially in the frozen glass. The real find was the Moose Drool brown ale at the same airport bar, two of them got me onto my flight no problem. To any home brewers in Northwest Arkansas, I completely understand why you brew your own.

Back