looking for people in medina county area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DHUTH23

Reaction score
Looking for some people in my area that are brewers, trying to get a group together to taste eachothers beers swap recipes and maybe even play some cornhole

I'm in Smithville...not to far...i work in Medina...

i do have limited time i can meet up though cause of work

sean

Sounds good, i wouldn't think we would meet up that often. Once a month at the most. Do you know other people in the area that brew at home?

I live in Wadsworth/Sharon Center. I just started, and nothing will be ready for awhile, but I am interested for when I do have something to share. My first batch will go into bottles in about two weeks.

Nice. I just did our 2nd batch tonight. Our first batch will be bottled this week. What are you brewing?

And i see in your profile that your a law student. Where do you go to school? My brother in law goes to akron university for law

I have a tripel in secondary, and what I believe will be a dry stout with cayenne in it in primary. Also, yes, I go to Akron for law, if he is a full time second year, there is a high probability I know him.

First year full time. But got his history major at akron. His name is Matt Mooney.

Unlikely I ever come in contact with him, they separate those first year students from everyone else. They tend to raise the blood pressure of everyone around them with worrying about grades so much, haha. I was a chemist at Akron for undergrad, so I would not have seen him there either.

No, I actually made my own recipe based on what I found online. It is extract with some specialty grains. I tried to add hibiscus to it, however it did not come through, so I may make a quick infusion of hibiscus tea before bottling.

i have Beecave robust porter (Edworts), Apfel we ein, and a great lakes christmas ale clone...bottled

skeeter pee and JOAM to be bottled...

and brewing Beecave haus ale this weekend...

Nice. Haven't had any of those before, except the great lakes. I cant wait for the international beer fest next month. Looking forward in trying the different beers there. How close is the clone? I love great lakes . I'm bottling the kolsch on Thursday, also the summer ale should be ready to go into the second fermenter on Thursday.

well after drinking a couple of mine, my wife snuck in a GL one and i about choked on the ginger...lol...so mine has allot less ginger for sure...color was close and it is still pretty tasty....

where's the beer fest at?i need to look into this...lol

I think when i looked it up it was $45. They give you a tasting cup and 36 tickets to get samples.

do any of you guys need any bottles? i have about 100 misc pop top bottles in just plain cardboard boxes if anyone is interested... (no dividers or anything)

or I'll trade for...? or they're free

lmk
Sean

Right now I am set, I saw a guy giving away some on craigslist. I happened (well, my girlfriend) to be the first to get to his porch to grab them. So, I have enough bottles for about 3 batches right now. Plus, I have friends and others saving for me. Thank you for the generous offer though. If I end up needing some, I'll let you know, I am sure something can be worked out.

good luck! I'm so negative towards mine..my wife ends up drinking them all cause i think there is something wrong with them...lol

i made 5 gallons of Edwort's Afeilwein...i didn't back sweeten and it ferments out dry... it needs sweetened for our taste...

I've also got 5 gallons if skeeter pee...its done, just need to sweeten and bottle...

also have a gallon of Joe's ancient orange mead (honey wine) that needs bottled...

as soon as i come up with the money i want to get a regular wine kit and make for the wife... (but she'll drink beer too)

I have been think about making meed. Never tried it didnt knowif i wanted to make a whole batch

well the joam recipe is for 1 gallon and cost me about 14 bucks to make... so I'm not out much if i hate it...i already had the gallon carboys and stoppers so i bought the honey from walmart and the orange...i had the rest of the stuff....

Sean

I think im going to give it a try. My wife likes dry and i like sweet, so one of us will like it lol

Just bought 10 pounds of honey from sams club. Hoping to have time to make mead soon. My first batch of beer will be ready to drink in about 5 days. Need to round up some bottles to get the summer ale bottled.

The brew store by my work is having an event on MAY 6th. They are getting brewers together for an all grain demonstration. And you can bring your beer for swapping taste samples.

huh...can you pm me the name of the store? i didn't know there was one close to there...i work in medina....so the closest shop is the grape.... i also like going to the hopshack but its an got and 15 drive...

The kolsh turned out pretty good, has alot of flavor for a light beer. The summer ale will be ready to drink on Saturday. Went to leeners today and bought everything for my next batch. Next weekend we are going to do a milk stout . What are you guys working on?

Haha, I actually have a final from 2-6 on that Sunday so, no luck for me.
But, right now I have Chocolate Chili dry stout getting ready soon for bottles.
Tripel is aging nicely in the secondary.
Apfelwein another 6 weeks minimum in fermenter.
Citrus Double IPA or Raspberry Hefeweizen up in about three weeks, with ingredients in my cart on g&g, when I have finished exams and my summer class.

April 23rd!

We are open for business at the first Label Peelers' brick and mortar location! Now get your supplies at our great online prices with the option to pick up at the store instead of paying shipping. You will notice a "pick up at store" option during check out.

137 East Ave suite 34
Tallmadge, OH 44278

Back