What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coffee....

Kegged a beer on sat- an ipa- went to check it this morning and i guess i broke off one of the pins on sat- hmm its on the liquid out side, can i just hook the dispensing line up and i should be ok for this keg? Or will it not make a good seal?

I hate pin locks- can i just buy ball lock connections and they would screw right on?

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414411814.165662.jpg

Water

ECY Bug County is a beast apparently. Started up in a couple hours and I woke up to a mess this am. Blew the airlock off and it was foaming out the top. Really surprised me.

Lectio Divina is the Dubbel that was open fermented with a house strain of 565 and then dosed with Brett at bottling. I used to say that Lectio was his oddest beer, until I had Cheval, that uses 20% horse feed as part of the grist.

I dont find that odd lol. It was very dry and it got better when it warmed up. I enjoyed it for over an hour just sipping and resting up from a long fun weekend

Forgot the pic. :D

Trying to figure out what to have with breakfast.

2014, 2013 and 2013 from left to right.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414417320.166080.jpg

Next.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414420969.059078.jpg

Brewing in an empty house is great. Schoolboy Q on, too.

Catching up on the weekends posts...

Damn! What is that 18%?

Wanted to try a pumpkin beer for the first time this season. Should've went for something else. Not worth $13 for a 4 pack.

Might wanna check the best by date on one of those bottles. I think that is one of last years... I thought that this years had that creepy looking thing munching a pumpkin on the label
2014Punkin.png

I went to a brewery/tasting room Crooked Run in Leesburg on Friday night and met the owner. They guy went to High School with my little sister. That makes him what? 25? Didnt even have a beard. The nerve of the guy. Tasty beers though, except the stout was a little too dry for my taste.

Also after hiking in Harpers Ferry on Saturday had a local to there porter from I forget which brewery that wasnt bad. It is a shame that the proposed "Best reuben in the area" was a disappointment. Who the heck puts sweet cole slaw on a reuben? I mean seriously? WTF?

Finishing up the cold cup of coffee from my desk. Been a bit busy this morning.

Done.

View attachment 232028

About to mash in. :D. Love Mondays. This is my 29th brew day of the year.

I started brewing January 2010. Yesterday was my 24th brew day. GFY

;)

I couldn't tell you how many times I've brewed this year, let alone how many times since I started brewing. Guess I need to start keeping better notes :)

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I couldn't tell you how many times I've brewed this year, let alone how many times since I started brewing. Guess I need to start keeping better notes :)

My name is Dar and I am a beer nerd.

I simply keep a binder with all of my recipes in it. Counted them today. :fro:

I'll continue with the third imperial stout of the morning.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414423564.433502.jpg

My name is Dar and I am a beer nerd.

I simply keep a binder with all of my recipes in it. Counted them today. :fro:

Is that wrong? I keep a binder with all my recipes and notes about each recipe. I started in March/2011 and last week I brewed beers 68, 69 and 70 a little over a batch 1/2 per month. 1/4 of those were 10 gallon batches. No wonder my liver hurts.

Is that wrong? I keep a binder with all my recipes and notes about each recipe. I started in March/2011 and last week I brewed beers 68, 69 and 70 a little over a batch 1/2 per month. 1/4 of those were 10 gallon batches. No wonder my liver hurts.

Hell no it's not wrong. Did it sound like I said that? If so, didn't mean it.

I keep a binder with notes of every beer I've ever brewed.

Hell no it's not wrong. Did it sound like I said that? If so, didn't mean it.

I keep a binder with notes of every beer I've ever brewed.

I think I mis-read it. i connected the Dar comment with the brew log comment. I have never kept tasting notes though but I know guys who do. I'm sure Dar does

I think I mis-read it. i connected the Dar comment with the brew log comment. I have never kept tasting notes though but I know guys who do. I'm sure Dar does

I don't keep tasting notes unless I am taking samples. Never after the beer is bottled. I simply remember which beers I'd brew again versus the ones I wouldn't brew again.

I am pretty buzzed and it's not even noon. I hate this ****.

I don't keep tasting notes unless I am taking samples. Never after the beer is bottled. I simply remember which beers I'd brew again versus the ones I wouldn't brew again.

I am pretty buzzed and it's not even noon. I hate this ****.

Well you could be here washing down disgusting cafeteria food with a bottle of water. I would much rather be buzzed and brewing

Well you could be here washing down disgusting cafeteria food with a bottle of water. I would much rather be buzzed and brewing

Come through. There's room. I won't be back in Ohio anytime soon. Although, I do miss it and want to get back there sometime.

Come through. There's room. I won't be back in Ohio anytime soon. Although, I do miss it and want to get back there sometime.

I'll come and stand in line with you for some Ghandi Bot

Back