The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fck... I've already done you one better. I reached out to a blogger on Friday and asked to grab a beer some night soon and talk through this very topic as I don't understand the huge difference with which some breweries are treated.

If the monks are correct and there is a God in Heaven then your blogger will show up with some of the Spenser Abby's beers when he comes over to listen to you whine.

Pretty things does this also. A few breweries contract out their large batches for bottling reasons as they can't afford bottling lines. Mercury caters to this, you can be as involved as you want to be or removed as you want to be. If I want to contract out a huge batch of beer, I can do this and so can you.

It allows people to get into the market without investing a huge amount of capital. But if you screw up a batch due to recipe flaws, for not calculating brewery efficiency from small batch to large that's on you.

Is it debatable wether your a probrewer or not or you know what your doing...you can debate till your blue in the face.

Dann and Martha don't typically get wrapped up into the debate because Dann has been a brewer for a long long time and he physically and personally brews every drop of Pretty Things' beers. Yes, they contract the facility but Dann developed the recipes, shovels the grain, dry hops, etc. He does it all himself.

Cape why all the monk hate!?!?!? Its Trappist beer!!!! that means its awesome!

Fck... I've already done you one better. I reached out to a blogger on Friday and asked to grab a beer some night soon and talk through this very topic as I don't understand the huge difference with which some breweries are treated.

Where the heck are these hypocritical people of which you speak?

If your rant involved folks not on the open forums on HBT (as opposed to the Members Only rooms), or somewhere completely outside of HBT, I would immediately apologize for my reaction and would be happy to blow it away. I might have not gotten that "not here" meant "not on HBT" - I took it to mean "not on this Masshole thread", which left pretty much the rest of HBT.

I definitely remember the SA haters used the contract brewing thing as a cudgel to imply somehow SA wasn't a real brewery, but once SA bought the Pittsburg operation that disappeared, and I haven't seen the likes of it since. That made the hypocrisy accusation appear wholly synthetic, which left my conclusion that this was just a load of butthurt speaking.

Context could mean everything (as it typically does)...

Cheers!

Dann and Martha don't typically get wrapped up into the debate because Dann has been a brewer for a long long time and he physically and personally brews every drop of Pretty Things' beers. Yes, they contract the facility but Dann developed the recipes, shovels the grain, dry hops, etc. He does it all himself.

Exactly my point. I find nothing wrong or unjust about contact brewing.

You make it how you want, your beer, your rules. Like I said, people can debate whatever they want about a brewer, but at the end I the day it's still beer.

Personally, I'm praying that the same mo-ron who thought it was a great idea to put your misprinted logo up on Facebook decides he needs to copy and paste your rant on BA. Now THAT will be entertainment. I'm hoping I'm sitting next to you at the bar at Kinsale when it happens. It will be kinda fun to watch your head explode.

im not dumb

perhaps you should try wearing them too...

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390876448.724526.jpg

pku

In the same building?

Yes, the new space is on the other side of the wall of where the rig is set up.

We're cutting a door immediately to your right when you walk into the current space and that'll be access to the fermentation area, which will be much bigger than what we have now and will allow capacity to go up quite a bit.

The other half of the new space (which is a little bigger than our entire current space) will be a taproom and tasting area. It's not really a "bar" because it's not going to be open like a bar (noon til last call) or anything like that. It'll be open for tasting/growlers hours but folks can also hang out and buy a pint as well.

Got a new account today as well. BBC in Walpole... Delivering Thursday and they said we would be on for Friday night.

Billion dollar idea for one of you guys... Spaghetti sandwich.

Think about it... What goes awesome with pasta? Italian bread.

Take a small sub-sized loaf of Italian bread, split it, maybe a little butter... Spaghetti tossed in a good pasta sauce.. Done.

Then.. If you want... Top em with whatever you want... Meatballs, sausage, provolone or mozz cheese.. Pepperoni.

I mentioned the idea to someone once and they looked at me like I had just suggested we go rape some goats. I don't get it. That sounds like an awesome sandwich.

You're the freakin' entrepeneur here, you should rent some space in Downtown Crossing and start selling these masterpieces. Maybe have your counter workers wear brown robes and sandals. You could call it Pasta Abbey. Maybe have a few other items...

Pasta fagioli on a stick.

Square meatballs.

Lasagna tacos.

Pork jerky.

You'll make a fortune.

Back