newbie - recommend built-in kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewthunda

Reaction score
Hi folks - I'm a total newbie to home brewing. I brewed a few gallons 16 years ago in college with a kit, but that's it. This site is great. Brewthunda is my real life nickname, so I think I'm pre-destined to become a regular here.

Although I'm not quite ready to start home-brewing again, I am building a home bar and I want to install a built-in, under cabinet kegerator. Can anyone here suggest a good model to go with?

How about good vendors to buy from? I'm in the Portland, OR area, if that helps.

Anyone hear anything good/bad about the Summit Under-Counter Draft Beer Kegerator?

Kegerator - Summit Under-Counter Beer

Thanks a lot!

I'd say the price tag is pretty high. You could build the same thing for a few hundred out of a small refrigerator and buying the parts.

Thanks guys. I'd love to build my own, but I'd really like this to be built in to a bar - with little to no ventilation in the back. Fridges designed for that aren't cheap.

I just noticed that the Summit is just a normal mini fridge with a fan mounted on the back - so it's not exactly a great built-in design. The search continues, I guess.

Thanks guys. I'd love to build my own, but I'd really like this to be built in to a bar - with little to no ventilation in the back. Fridges designed for that aren't cheap.

I just noticed that the Summit is just a normal mini fridge with a fan mounted on the back - so it's not exactly a great built-in design. The search continues, I guess.

The idea with the mini fridge is you can position the radiator (or whatever it's called) on the side and run a fan over it, just like the commercial units do. Basically you rotate it 90 degrees and build a new insulated box with a door on what was once the side of the fridge.

Back