Another Brew....I hope I didn't kill it!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talleymonster

Reaction score
Well I brewed another batch last night. It was a blue Moon clone from AHS.

I stopped at my favorite micro brew on the way home and picked up a gallon of my favorite brew for the night.

I got way too drunk last night. I barely even remember racking to the primary. I woke up and it was in my house with a blow off hose all set up and everything, right next to my other fermenting brews. I really don't remember doing that, especially carrying it into the house from the garage.

I was off a little on my OG from my notes (again I don't remember), but I think I didn't mix it all together (partial boil) very good, just like my last batch.

I had everything sanitized and ready to go with a bucket of star san for quick sanitizing.

Wont do THAT again!:p

I try not to imbibe till after the flame is out. This is for safety (flames) and it prevents scenarios like yours. :D Give it a try, you'll remember more, take better notes, and your beer will be golden!

Hope that turns out for ya bro.

Was that an extract or AG clone? If it was extract do you mind posting up the recipe/ingredents? My SWMBO wants me to brew some of that up for her :ban:

ArroganceFan said:
Hope that turns out for ya bro.

Was that an extract or AG clone? If it was extract do you mind posting up the recipe/ingredents? My SWMBO wants me to brew some of that up for her :ban:

it was an extract kit from AHS

I usually manage to hold off from having a beer until the start of the boil and no longer but last time I didn't drink at all until the yeast was pitched. The whole brew day went much better than normal ;)

/Phil.

Last time I messed with a batch while drunkified was when I dumped some wormwood into my wee heavy after getting drunk on absinthe. Come to find out that wormwood is actually benign. All the talk of hallucinations, etc., is just urban myth. But it didn't hurt the beer, so oh well.

Back