Is there a homebrew club in or around Monterey CA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geer537

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'd love to find a club in my area. If anyone knows of one or anyone is interested in getting together in the area, please let me know

:mug:

Thanks for the link! The closest is near Santa Cruz which is still a bit of a drive. I might just try starting one around here.

I'm a student at CSUMB currently living in Seaside, and have been brewing for a little over 2 years... I'd love to meet up with some fellow Monterey Bay brewers and share some beers stories... Send me a PM if you're interested!

PS: I know one or two other brewers in the area who might be interested...Maybe meeting at EA?

Hey guys,

I live in Monterey and brew with a friend (Seaside) and just finished brewing a 5 gal batch of cider with another guy from Seaside. We'd love to meet at some point. I'll talk with them and see when would be a good night to get together.

I am in for meeting at English Ales. Keep me posted on what night works for you all. I finished a 5 gl batch of brown yesterday and am doing a honey IPA this Sunday. Can't wait to share them.

I am in for Friday. Do you all want to do the English ales thing or meet at a house. I have 2 beers we could sample- a brown I am going to enter in the HBT and a stout.

let's do the english ales thing this time and then maybe next time a house. anybody have a time preference? if not, how about 6:30. do there need to be reservations? there will be three of us.

I make 4 with a possible 5th. I dont think we need reservations but I can call tomorrow with a total to be safe. If no one else respinds by tomorrow, I'll say four. Maybe wecan get the owner to stick around. He is a cool cat and he mighy let us bring our own to share

All set for tomorrow. Should be 5 of us. Look forward to meeting you all

Monterey Homebrewers!! We have made seom changes to our yeast and brewing techniques in Peter B's recently. We are looking to put together a group of homebrewers to come in, eat some great food and drink some great beer. We would like to have monthly events, and even get some of you into the brewery. Please see Chris or Kevin at the brewery and we can put this together. Lokoing forward to meeting you all.

Awesome! I tried to catch Kevin a few times but he was not there when I went. I beleive Paul got in touh with him. There is talk of Thursday around 6. Either kne be there? I can let the group know

Steve

Great! Yes, Paul talked with Kevin. I'm sure he will get the word around, but I will confirm with Kevin and post either way. This will be fun.

did you guys ever get anything like this going? I am new to seaside and would like to make some new brew friends

Sure did. A buddy of mine even opened a homebrew shop. PM me your email address and I'll get you on the local B.A.R.F. Group ( Beer and Ale Research Foundation). We hang out once a month or so at someone's house to brew, bbq and drink. Nothing super official but pretty good times.

Steve

Hello I just saw this thread i moved here about 18 months ago and would love to meet up if this is still going on. Thanks

Back