Post pics of your smoker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this a couple of years ago. Goes 3 ways...propane, charcoal and wood.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388952386.437563.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394196908.308121.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1394196962.081679.jpg
Save it from the dump three years ago. Mostly a cold smoker. I finish it off in the oven. Charcoal fire with cherry chunks soaked in Apple cider or juice. I got a food grade 55 gallon drum, want to make it wood and propane. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Smoke rolling out of my new smoker during it's "seasoning" Decided to get a Masterbuilt 30 to go along with my WSM

Here's a pic of my pit when I was smoking a ham for some 5 hours with charcoal & ash wood...

As you can see,it was New Years Day 4 years ago. I pulled it up near the front stoop to make it easier to get to. My wife snapped this pic from the sidelights by the door.

I have a few. The Egg is my latest addition. The Masterbuilt 7 in 1, I couldn't find any pictures of mostly it stays in the RV. When I need a cold smoke I plumb the drum smoker to the large cabinet smoker with foil tape and dryer vent pipe.

2014-03-20 18.27.26.jpg

2014-03-16 19.48.40.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

yhst-18461728116681_2273_55617894.jpeg

20131206_191821.jpg

The snow reflection makes it look like there is a custom paint job of smoke. And All I have is a 18.5 WSM. Though I cannot complain as it has treated me well so far. I think I need to fire it up again this weekend if only on a chicken.

Small but effective! :) Oster 16 quart smoker/roaster, newly procured. So far, have done a full turkey breast (Monday, when the thing showed up) and today, brined center-cut, bone-in pork chops. Both turned out very well!

oster smoker closed.jpg

Small but effective! :) Oster 16 quart smoker/roaster, newly procured. So far, have done a full turkey breast (Monday, when the thing showed up) and today, brined center-cut, bone-in pork chops. Both turned out very well!

Is that actually marketed as a smoker as well, or do you use some other gadgets to make it smoke?

Ejluttmann, love your smoker build. How well does it work in the cold?

Is that actually marketed as a smoker as well, or do you use some other gadgets to make it smoke?

Yes, it's a smoker, in its own rights! It has two little side pockets which hold wood chips of your choice. As the roaster heats up those little chips are set to smokin'. I've been using the smoker set at 250* and it has worked flawlessly and pretty amazing, given that I'm used to the stuff that comes out of the big Brinkmann smoker.

It's really perfect for doing small amounts when you don't want to fire up the big smoker, and as long as you have a bag of wood chips around - all you need is the meat, you can decide on the fly to run the smoker. I'm quite pleased with the little bugger.

I have no vested interest in it, I just think it's pretty cool for "quick and dirty" smoking jobs.

This is an exploded view of it:

smoker roaster exploded.jpg

Ejluttmann, love your smoker build. How well does it work in the cold?

It works good. Takes a bit to get it to temp but it doesn't have a problem getting to 240-260 which is about the max temp for me anyhow.

I might look at adding the mailbox modification because I probably only get smoke about half what I could if my pellets where not sitting right above the burner, but I can still get 5-6 hours of smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

That roaster gives me some ideas with an old one my mom is through ing out. I'm going to grab it and attach a homemade smokedaddy for some good temperature controlled smoking.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back