Temperature Control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgbrown

Reaction score
Well I just finished drinking my first beer from my first temperature controlled batch. WOW! What a different that makes. It's hot here in Tucson and even in the winter the house was just too warm. Beers would creep up into the high 80's. I gotta say, temperature control makes the world of difference. Gonna go pour another, carry on :rockin:

I agree. Temperature control is right up there with AG brewing as the biggest impact on my beer's quality.

High 80's?! That must've been kinda funky. Cheers and congrats on the temp control!

Yeah, thermostat for the house is set at 79. On a good day the wet shirt would get it down to 72 and then fermentation would start and drag it up to 80. I would just let the beer mellow awhile. Most of the beers I have now are over 6 months old and are just now reaching the point where I want to drink them. Seriously though, a chest freezer was the best thing I have ever bought.

Back