Unique Quick Connections

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNBugeater

Reaction score
I didn't want this to get buried in another quick disconnect thread and it really isn't a quick connect anyway.

But I found this product while searching for disconnects. I thought with all the brewstands being built and ingenious ways people have plumbed systems to transfer water/wort/beer, etc. that these looked very adaptable to homebrew set ups. Note: I do not work for this company or have any affiliation.

The ability to make nice clean manifolds looks perfectly suited for single tier stands and pumping liquid.

http://www.watts.com/pro/divisions/quickconnect/learnabout/learnabout_qcvideo.asp

I used some of those when I was rerouting plumbing lines while finishing my basement. They're called quick connects and not quick disconnects for a reason. They're really easy to connect, but if you need to take them apart, it can be a pain.

I think those are made for more permanent solutions. If you plan on having permanent connections on your brew rig this could work great, but definitely wouldn't replace quick disconnects if you plan on swapping tubes for different stages of brewing.

I think if I were to implement a semi-permanent manifold solution for my brew rig instead of using QD's for my hoses, this would be an attractive solution over trying to solder together a lot of brass tubing and fittings.

I really like the QDs, though. I can't think of a simpler solution.

I think those are made for more permanent solutions. If you plan on having permanent connections on your brew rig this could work great, but definitely wouldn't replace quick disconnects if you plan on swapping tubes for different stages of brewing.

Right. I didn't mean to imply they were 'quick disconnects'. I meant more for permanent plumbing on some stand, especially the ones that have manifolds and valves to redirect fluid. Looks like a really nice clean way to do it.

Right. I didn't mean to imply they were 'quick disconnects'. I meant more for permanent plumbing on some stand, especially the ones that have manifolds and valves to redirect fluid. Looks like a really nice clean way to do it.

They're perfect for that. Much easier than soldering and you don't have to worry about leaks. I used them on PEX tubing in my basement ceiling about 15 months ago and haven't had a problem (they have a life-time guarantee too).

Back