Modifying a stock pot for kettle cooling (with illustrations)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Xier, Courthouse..,

So now I'm a bad guy driving the testosterone threads? Way to keep the thread on task and not go personal. I apologized for the way I came across, but not for answering the OP's request that he wanted to know if HBT saw any issues with his idea. If you dont want to hear criticism (good or bad), then you shouldn't ask for it.

jesserc said:
xier, courthouse..,

so now i'm a bad guy driving the testosterone threads? Way to keep the thread on task and not go personal. I apologized for the way i came across, but not for answering the op's request that he wanted to know if hbt saw any issues with his idea. If you dont want to hear criticism (good or bad), then you shouldn't ask for it.

+1

xier, courthouse..,

so now i'm a bad guy driving the testosterone threads? Way to keep the thread on task and not go personal. I apologized for the way i came across, but not for answering the op's request that he wanted to know if hbt saw any issues with his idea. If you dont want to hear criticism (good or bad), then you shouldn't ask for it.

+2

This is as illogical as possible, I have been completely pacifistic toward you this entire time. I said people, as in myself included, never believe themselves to be the wrong one in a situation. I then further stated that the reason is because I don't think there is a wrong one. My point being that we just had opposing views on this subject.

Despite my repeated attempts at further explaining my motivation and views, you still seem to not be understanding that I am not seeking conflict with you, nor to brew a beer the "right" way.

Look, I know; you like beer, you like brewing, and you like doing it the way you are. That is perfectly fine with me. If you have suggestions for my design, great let me know. I do however plan on using my design as a base and building from there. If I wanted to do BIAB, I would not have posted a new thread on the subject as there are already ample guides detailing every aspect and problem that one may incur when doing such.

I like receiving criticism, with sources cited and reasons explained. I like hearing advice, and you can see I responded very positively to the advice I was receiving when I first posted. What I do not care for is having countless people telling me to just stop what I am doing and do it the right way.

Anyway, I still think that you have simply misunderstood me and am not at all upset with you personally. I am however getting frustrated repeating that I plan to do this using my way and having people keep telling me the way they think I really should be doing it.

So once again, dude, just relax and if you want to suggest modifications or additions to what I'm doing, that is cool. JuanMoore suggested doing a whirlpool and I am planning to adjust my system for that. I like ideas, I like change, I am not looking to copy someone else's setup. I have tried to make that clear.

So once again;

Damn, it is just the internet and I am just some guy in China. If I screw up my beer half the world away, it isn't going to hurt you.

:mug:

Back