The Official 2011 Masstoberfest Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulthenurse

Fecal Transplant Super Donor
Reaction score
Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah
It's time to start planning this years Masstoberfest. Saturday September 17 is gonna be the day. Beer, Brewing, Barbeque and Bullsheeting will all figure prominantly in the festivities. Smart folks will call their doctor ASAP to get a prophylactic prescription for Lipitor and start chewing them like Chicklets leading up to the day.

As always, folks are encouraged to bring their gear along and brew with us that day. I don't have plans for anything crazy that day as I'll be busy orchestrating Bertha the BBQ. I'll probably do a simple something, a pale ale or an IPA, no Mega Tun action that day. I'll be BBQing the worlds best whole hog again, Cape and I will continue our debate about who's is better. I will admit to leaving Wilbur on the fire for five minutes too long last year and he wasn't perfect. Close but not perfect. That means that I'll just have to redouble my efforts this year so that Cape doesn't get a swollen head.

What I'm REALLY hoping for is that a good friend of ours is going to be able to make it to the pah-tay. As you may have heard, Babalu has made incredible strides recently and we're going to try to get him there. More on that to follow.

Ok, there is is. That's the date. Clear your calenders. Let the giddy anticipation commence.

PTN

So, have you balls descended back down from your body cavity?

You're going to be very sorry you asked that question when you read my answer...

Just got home from a 30 mile ride. I'm still a few sizes larger than my bike shorts so the answer is no, but they should be back down and ready for action by bedtime.

HELP!!! HELPPPP!!!! That man needs some mind bleach! QUICK!!!!

Sorry. Too late. That which has been seen cannot be unseen, even in your mind.

paulthenurse said:
Pfffftttt. I've seen bigger.

No really, that is wicked cool. I've got to figure out a way to trump it.

PTN

I could really be crude but I'll hold my typing!

Uh, drinking beer. Eating pig. Lather, rinse, repeat. Interspersed with a few of us making beer, and all of us mocking Paulie for ****ing up the beer he's making. Lots of hanging out, meet lots and lots of cool people. Mocking Paulie some more. Eat some more pig, drink some more beer.

What else you want?

I wish I could. This sounds like a wick sweet party! You should really have a live feed so others on here can also pick on Paulie and/or drink along with your guys.

Actually, now that I think about it, last year Cape brought a bag of frozen broccoli. I **** you not. The d bag showed up with a bag of frozen broccoli. My wife (Miss Outta Be A Vegetarian) was rooting around in the fridge a few days later and came across it and busted a gut when I told her where it came from.

So clearly the bar isn't set very high. You can bring anything or nothing at all. I'll be BBQ-ing a whole hog and making ABT's and beans. Alice, in a self preservation maneuver, makes a salad. That's all I know for certain will be on the table, but no one had ever gone hungry at one of theses things.

PTN

Actually, now that I think about it, last year Cape brought a bag of frozen broccoli. I **** you not. The d bag showed up with a bag of frozen broccoli. My wife (Miss Outta Be A Vegetarian) was rooting around in the fridge a few days later and came across it and busted a gut when I told her where it came from.

So clearly the bar isn't set very high. You can bring anything or nothing at all. I'll be BBQ-ing a whole hog and making ABT's and beans. Alice, in a self preservation maneuver, makes a salad. That's all I know for certain will be on the table, but no one had ever gone hungry at one of theses things.

PTN

I wish I lived closer to make one of these things, especially with Babalu possibly coming this year. I don't know him personally, but have followed his story through you all. Maybe some year I'll use vacation time to come to one of these events from Ohio :mug:

I'm still trying to get Dataz to bring his ass up from Maryland. "I can't get anybody to cover for me at work!" THAT'S WHY THEY MAKE SICK DAYS, MOTHER****ER!

I'm still trying to get Dataz to bring his ass up from Maryland. "I can't get anybody to cover for me at work!" THAT'S WHY THEY MAKE SICK DAYS, MOTHER****ER!

Oh for Petes sake, if he gets off work on Friday at 5 and he can be here by midnight. What a Nancy.

I work the saturday and they would fire my ass if I called out. I am still working on it though. It may take some bribing but I haven't given up. Hell, I got the go ahead from the wife and that is the hardest part.

Now explaining to people that I am driving 8 hours to go to a party with a bunch of guys I met online might be a little weird.

Perhaps in a couple years if you're still doing it when the wife isn't pregnant and/or breast feeding :D

What better reason to get away?

I work the saturday and they would fire my ass if I called out. I am still working on it though. It may take some bribing but I haven't given up. Hell, I got the go ahead from the wife and that is the hardest part.

Now explaining to people that I am driving 8 hours to go to a party with a bunch of guys I met online might be a little weird.

Just tell your boss the truth, that if he makes you work, you're probably just be dinking around on HBT all day, watching the live feed and ignoring your phone. If he gives you the day off, you'll bring him a goodie bag of leftover pork and a growler of Cape's ass beer.

Back