Adding fruit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illini88

Reaction score
I've got a pilsner fermenting (8th day) and has really slowed down but isn't quite done. Is it too late to add fruit puree?

Never done this before and this is only the 4th batch I've ever brewed. I plan on adding apricot flavoring prior to bottling, but puree sounds great.

Rack it to a secondary fermentor and add fruit. Let it sit for 2 weeks, then bottle. I just made an apricot ale and used fresh apricots. The flavor is awesome. I should have done a tertiary ferment, though. There are little apricot bits at the bottom of the keg that are being pushed out now. It should clear within a few pints. If you're gonna bottle, I would definitely do a third ferment to allow the fruit bits to settle after racking... or just be really careful when bottling. Allow the beer to sit in your bottling bucket for a few hours to settle.

Short answer to your question: No.. not too late. Perfect time to add fruit.

Latest posts

Back