Stout Faucet Advice Offering

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
I have a pointer on stout faucets that I thought I would pass along. My preference at the older style taps like I have posted below. They have a flow adjustment knob that allows you to regulate the quanitity of the flow and thus allows you to get those really great slow stout pours and thus those creamy heads without the nitro. The newer stout faucets have a factory set resistence and are not nearly as nice. The old ones are still out there, but take some hunting. I got mine on Ebay for $22.00 and had to clean it up.

Taps.jpg

Ok, you got me. No nitro eh? I think I'll be checking eBay for awhile now...

Thanks!

:p

Brewpastor,

I just scored one of these faucets last night from ebay based on your recommendation. I was wondering what pressures you carb/serve at, and what length hose do you use.

Thanks

-S

I need one of these, but have no clue what I am looking for. I am a tap n00b. What I want to do is set up a nitro system. So I'd need (correct me if I am wrong)

Tank
Regulator
Corny keg
Tap (Faucet)
hose

Anything else?

lustreking said:
Brewpastor,

I just scored one of these faucets last night from ebay based on your recommendation. I was wondering what pressures you carb/serve at, and what length hose do you use.

Thanks

-S

Sorry for bringing this back from the dead, but I scored a faucet and will be kegging a stout shortly. I was also curious about the carb/serving levels for a standard dry stout.

Thanks,

Ryan

Back