Festival of Ale - Worcester MA - 9/15/07

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Argyle

Reaction score
In Worcester MA there is an Armory Museum that is having a beer festival on September 15th from 6-9pm. It is a bit pricey for me $35 in advance for non-museum members and $45 at the door (all samples are included).

http://www.higgins.org/Calendar/Ale/

Breweries include:

* Allagash Brewing Company
* Berkshire Brewing Company
* Dogfish Head Brewery
* Gardner Ale House
* Harpoon Brewery
* Home Brew Emporium
* John Harvard's Brew House
* Long Trail Brewing Company
* Magic Hat Brewing Company
* Owen O'Leary's Restaurant and Brewery
* Paper City Brewing Company
* Pennichuck Brewing Company
* Redhook Brewing Company
* Sherwood Forest Brewers
* Shipyard Brewing Company
* Smuttynose Brewing Company
* Wachusett Brewing Company

I'd be interested, but we're going to the festival in Greenfield the following weekend... hard to convince the wife of the need to hit a beer fest EVERY weekend ;)

It's very pricey...especially for 3 hours. I think it's because of the atmosphere and I'm sure it goes to support the museum as well. Excellent museum by the way...cool selection of historical battle armor and weaponry.

~ Sully

I agree, it's is pretty steep but it goes to support the museum and it is a pretty cool venue. And it inspired us. I've gone a little over the edge with this but we're going to go with it. Duncan and I, in a drunken 'Eureka' moment decided that since it's being held in a museum of armor and battle implements we'll go dressed up in costume. So we'll be the two knuckleheads in kilts and viking hats, carrying battle axes and swords. I don't actually own a kilt so I raided Wally World and found a lovely tablecloth that will do just nicely, thank you very much. The SWMBO's may go as saucy wenches, although Alice threatened me that she'll go as the barbarian and I can go as the saucy wench. (I've seen us both naked and I assure you she'll make a MUCH better wench than I will.)

PTN

Back