Brew software

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voodoochild7

Reaction score
I was a computer programmer before my current career as a private music instructor. To keep my programming skills up to date I'm learning a recent programmin language and I am gonna make a brewers journal app. The basic functionality is to have something you can program recipes into so you can save them and search through them. A scaled down version of promash I guess you could say. basically it will have a button to create a new recipe it will go through a few questions like batch size pounds of grain mash water amount sparge water amount number of hop additions after you put that info in it will change screens to an editor where you can view/edit the recipe and add notes. This will be done is such a manor that files will be generated for each recipe so users can swap recipes etc. I may include some basic calculators for hydro temp correction etc. I will offer the final version for free to gold supporters of the forum. I will charge 10 dollars to anyone else who wants it. Before I begin this endeavor please give me some suggestions as to what functionality you may want. I also need some testors for the app before it's final release. Private message me if you may want to be a testor keep in mind a testable release will not be available until about a month from now. Suggestions for a name for the app are good too.:mug:

If I use Java then it can be mac compatable so mayhap I'll make a java version as well. But I was gonna write it in c# which is a Micro$osft product.

I can send you one, just send me a PM if you still need it. Also, you can download a trial version of Promash, and it has 3 recipes already loaded onto it.

Back