Bucket smell even after cleaned..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimSTi

Reaction score
Is this normal for buckets to smell even after an oxyclean soak? Only been used twice. Its pretty damn clean but just has that wort smell to it. Im guessing its normal but just want to make sure!

It's normal and no matter how strong it is the next beer will still smell like beer. Some brewers stress out about the lingering odor but, then again some just like to stress out about everything.

It's normal and no matter how strong it is the next beer will still smell like beer. Some brewers stress out about the lingering odor but, then again some just like to stress out about everything.

Heh thanks. Yah i'm not stressing, just wondering if that's normal. Thanks! :rockin:

My first post and I was going to ask the same exact question. Glad I decided to use the search function first. So there is no need to worry about the next batch tasting like the last just from the smell?
Randal

Nope. In fact I've used the same bucket to make beer, cider, and wine. The bucket's always smelled like the last batch, but it's never contaminated the taste of the next batch.

My first post and I was going to ask the same exact question. Glad I decided to use the search function first. So there is no need to worry about the next batch tasting like the last just from the smell?
Randal

Congrats on using the search function! Welcome to the forums and the land of stinky buckets ;) :mug:

Back