Pink caps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weizenheimer

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find pink or purple caps? We have a little girl due soon and I though instead of cigars to give out a brew...ie. It's a girl ale....

I planned something similar when my daughter was born. The labels had her sonogram pic. However, we didn't know the sex until she was born. My solution was to tie a small pink bow and a small blue bow aorund the necks of the bottles. When she was born, I pulled the blue ribbons off as I handed them out.

-Todd

Be careful using caps from a Craft supply. Sometimes the caps dont have a plastic seal since they will be used for crafts instead of beer. Get yourself a piece of scrap carpet or foam and then press some caps slightly into the foam or carpet and then spray paint them pink. The carpet or foam will keep the paint from getting into the inside of the cap.

I made some colored caps by coloring the entire cap in with a sharpie. No scratches, and still has that shiny metallic look.

Well I just decided on white caps. The label design has enough pink and purple in it anyway. Thanks for the suggestions

Would the bottle capper scratch them when you put them on the bottles though?

I have a bench capper and I lubricate the bell with vaseline before I do my capping. I've never noticed any scratches but to tell you the truth, I never really looked for any. I was just concerned that the caps went on correctly. If there are any scratches, they are probably very minimal.

Back